Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 19:18   #31

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Dont like this at all, not sure if such designs will be accepted in mass market segments, way too radical, the predator face will not age well
With the configuration of 60-80 kwh, 0-100 in 5 seconds, it doesn't look like that Mahindra would launch this vehicle as a mass market option. They are probably going the Tesla way - pricier vehicle first and then mass market vehicle.
white_wolf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 19:39   #32
BHPian

One kiss with the vehicle at the front and you're looking at a bill running into 6 figures
Old 9th September 2023, 17:46   #33
BHPian

Mahindra launches teaser video, featuring XUV.e8, XUV.e9 and BE.05 testing on Mahindra Proving Track, Chennai on occasion of World EV day.

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_6323.jpeg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_6324.jpeg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_6326.jpeg

At least one of the EVs is seen hitting 200kmph which is significantly higher than the current electronically limited top speed of 150kmph on the XUV400

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_6325.jpeg

Via @Mahindra_Automotive on Twitter
Shresth_EV is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 20:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shresth_EV View Post
XUV.e8, XUV.e9 and BE.05 testing on Mahindra Proving Track, Chennai on occasion of World EV day.
Attachment 2501232

Attachment 2501234
XUV.e8 looks to be the electric avatar of the XUV7OO!. And I quite like the stance of the BE.05!
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
... not sure if such designs will be accepted in mass market segments, way too radical...l
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
True. Sadly most EVs are very radically designed.
Totally agree with you both, the following is just my observation.

People seems apparently ready see the design quirkiness of the EVs as part and parcel of the deal IMHO. This is almost like when the Kinetic Honda scooter was introduced to the Indian market which was then dominated by Bajaj Chetak and LML Vespa. Most hardcore scooter-wallahs simply hated it then.

Another thing is, under the hood, an EV does not really have anything to show off or impress people in the showroom. No turbo charger, no DSG and (in developed markets) no V8 Turbo or V6 Twin scrollers. Only Electrical engineers will when you try to woo them a new electric motor or two. Of course, driving an EV is an entirely different story, but you need to attract the attention of the buyers for that. This is where an entirely different and bold design language helps.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 9th September 2023 at 23:26.
sandeepmdas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 10:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shresth_EV View Post
Mahindra launches teaser video, featuring XUV.e8, XUV.e9 and BE.05 testing on Mahindra Proving Track, Chennai on occasion of World EV day.
Good going by Mahindra. They are looking set for for 2024 and beyond. XUV. E8 is quite similar to xuv700. BE.05 is the one which is looking quite interesting but the launch really far off. But all of these are premium cars. I think they should have been working on XUV 400 refresh to be launched by the end of the year to compete against Nexon.

Rest we will have to wait and see what features they give in their cars. Tata has big launches like Harrier and Curvv planned by Q1 2024. So it is game on.
ferrarirules is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 16:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if it is only me but the BE.05's stance closely resembles that of a Jaguar i-Pace. Thought it looked different in concept form. Not that this is looking bad but I preferred the way it looked like in concept form.

It could be deception due to the camo too but we'll see.
14000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Mahindra is talking while Tata Motors is "doing". Its time Mahindras stepped up with the real stuff
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 16:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Mahindra is talking while Tata Motors is "doing". Its time Mahindras stepped up with the real stuff
To be fair to Mahindra, ALL of Tata's EVs are just normal ICE cars with batteries shoved up the floor-pan and the IC engine swapped out with an electric motor. Of course I'm over simplifying here.

But all of Mahindra's upcoming EVs (except the XUV4OO of course) are based on the INGLO skateboard platform. The EV version of the XUV7OO, the XUV.e8 will actually be rear wheel drive (and possibly AWD) with the motor mounted at the rear axel.

Today might belong to Tata's EVs, but give Mahindra some time, they have a better long term plan in my opinion.
lordrayden is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
T
Today might belong to Tata's EVs, but give Mahindra some time, they have a better long term plan in my opinion.
I fully agree with the first part of your assessment of course. No so the later part. EVs are mechanically simpler, but in terms of electronics and orchestration of software and actuating ("moving") parts, its quite a lot more complex than what people think. For example just look at VW's struggles. Tatas, by having a large "in-between architecture" fleets on the road, are actually in a position to test out a lot of subsystems at scale. When their EV-native architecture based vahicles hit the market, they are in a far better place to get everything right.
MG is a good example of starting with transitional products like ZS EV and then doing quite well in "born electric" skatebpoard platform with MG4.

I hope Mahindras launch some in-between generation vehicles as well instead of a "Hail Mary" bet on a born-electric platform in a big way. If they get something architecturally wrong, or a defect that shows up only in real-world conditions, they will face a tougher road ahead.
Contrapunto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 19:08   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I hope Mahindras launch some in-between generation vehicles as well instead of a "Hail Mary" bet on a born-electric platform in a big way.
As a matter of fact, they do have/had in-between vehicles from which to learn. There is the XUV4OO currently on sale. Then there's the lesser known E-Verito that they used to sell. And lets not forget, they own India's "OG" electric car company, Reva.

Quote:
If they get something architecturally wrong, or a defect that shows up only in real-world conditions, they will face a tougher road ahead.
On a lighter note, I think Mahindra has a LOT of experience with fixing defects that show up in the real world. They have been doing it for decades . From the original Scorpio to the tech laden XUV7OO, they have always launched products with plenty of bugs in them. But they are also very good are incrementally fixing them. If Mahindra was a Mandalorian, he might say "this is the way" .
lordrayden is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 09:42   #42
BHPian

I think the earlier video link wasn't working properly.

Here's the working link of the teaser video again: https://x.com/Mahindra_Auto/status/1...568179457?s=20
Virtualaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
As a matter of fact, they do have/had in-between vehicles from which to learn. There is the XUV4OO currently on sale. Then there's the lesser known E-Verito that they used to sell. And lets not forget, they own India's "OG" electric car company, Reva.
But they have very few numbers of E-Verito and XUV400 on road to learn from. Regarding Reva if you talk to any owner they will tell you, it is as if they don't exist for Mahindra. Further more none of these technologies are going to carry over to their new product lines. The E-Verito and Reva are not high voltage, the XUV400 is NMC battery and they are switching to LFP batteries for future cars.

In contrast Tata has sold 50K plus vehicles on the Ziptron architecture and is evolving it, no abrupt changes are expected, hence the learning's are more likely to be useful.
wocanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 14:03   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV.e8: new exterior and interior details revealed in spy shots.

Spy shots confirm that the XUV.e8 will come with three dashboard-mounted screens, similar to the XUV.e9 EV coupe concept shown earlier.

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-20230916015719_webai_1_.jpg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-20230916015737_asdfghjkl.jpg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-20230916015753_nm..jpg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-websiteimages-5.jpg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-websiteimages-3.jpg

Quote:
XUV.e8 will take on Harrier EV, Safari EV
Gets EV-specific exterior styling tweaks
Three dashboard-mounted screens will be offered
Mahindra has confirmed that the XUV.e8 (XUV700 EV) will go on sale by late 2024.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th September 2023 at 14:05.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 12:57   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra BE.05 E-SUV Spied

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe.05spiedupclose1min747x420.jpg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe.05spiedupclosemin747x420.jpg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe.05spiedupclose2min747x420.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks