Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2023, 19:19   #1
BHPian

Rimac Nevera breaks the record for Fastest Speed Driving in Reverse; Clocks 275.74 km/h

Nevera sets new Guinness World Record – 275.74 km/h in reverse

JDMBOI is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 12:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rimac Nevera could create a new 0-400-0 km/h record, hints Mate Rimac

Record was possible in electric hypercar due to absence of gears.

Rimac Nevera breaks the record for Fastest Speed Driving in Reverse; Clocks 275.74 km/h-20231108115325_webai_1_.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 12:56   #3
BHPian

Rimac Nevera breaks the record for Fastest Speed Driving in Reverse; Clocks 275.74 km/h

The Rimac Test Driver Goran Drndak was set to break this record at the Automotive Testing Papenburg facility in Germany. The top speed achieved was a whooping 275.74 km/h. In attendance was a representative from Guinness World Records, who formally approved the new highest speed in reverse record. This took down the long standing record of 165.08 km/h set in a Caterham 7 Fireblade by Darren Manning in 2001.

Rimac Nevera breaks the record for Fastest Speed Driving in Reverse; Clocks 275.74 km/h-nevera.jpg

Quote:
In the name of "a bit of fun," Rimac Test Driver Goran Drndak hopped in the Nevera, selected reverse gear, fixed his gaze on the rear-view mirror, and stomped the accelerator, unleashing a similar level of performance in reverse as the 1,914-horsepower (1,426-kW), 2,655 lb-ft (3,600-Nm) electric hypercar can do moving forward.

We have no idea how Drndak managed to keep this US$2-million-plus machine pointed straight down the track while driving in reverse at nearly three times highway speed. The car's aerodynamics and cooling systems are obviously not designed for such shenanigans, and the slightest wrong nudge on the steering wheel would've sent the Nevera flying off course like a rocket-powered supermarket trolley.

"It definitely took some getting used to," said Drndak in a press release. "You’re facing straight out backwards watching the scenery flash away from you faster and faster, feeling your neck pulled forwards in almost the same sensation you would normally get under heavy braking. You’re moving the steering wheel so gently, careful not to upset the balance, watching for your course and your braking point out the rear-view mirror, all the while keeping an eye on the speed. Despite it being almost completely unnatural to way the car was engineered, Nevera breezed through yet another record.”

Good grief, this man is being way too cool about what he's just done. If it had've been me, only two words of that quote would've been printable, and those would've been a dad joke: "Nevera gain."

Source
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 14:15   #4
BHPian

Re: Rimac Nevera breaks the record for Fastest Speed Driving in Reverse; Clocks 275.74 km/h

Does it mean that aerodynamics is just a myth (not literally but here we are) and it's more about power, torque and weight? The top speed in reverse is not that far from the top speed in reverse given that the aerodynamics were totally negative for this test.
Old 10th November 2023, 14:38   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rimac Nevera breaks the record for Fastest Speed Driving in Reverse; Clocks 275.74 km/h

Don't care about the car.
The aerodynamics.
The car's capabilty.
Whose idea it was.
Or anything else.

The only thing i can think about is how that driver managed to keep the wheel steady!!!! I can't even do 100 metres at 30+km/h without losing balance, this guy did 270+km/h in a track!!! Not a salt pan. He really has a couple of things made of steel.
DicKy is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 15:18   #6
BHPian

My neighbour reverses his Seltos into the street like he's a cab driver driving a Rimac Nevera.
Small Bot is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 23:00   #7
BHPian

Finally an actual competitor to the OLA S1 Pro which goes full speed in reverse(BUGGY).
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 11:00   #8
BHPian

This thread is full of pure gold humor.
Old 14th November 2023, 21:59   #9

Since the day I had a good hand at driving. Started maxing out my cars in reverse. All it started out with santro xing then i10 then Ritz then i20 now Innova.

Know it's not good for gearbox also not that safe sometimes.

But just love doing it.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th November 2023 at 22:08. Reason: See note in post.
Old 17th November 2023, 12:30   #10
BHPian

Clarkson hence proved right, Speed and Power is the answer to everything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks