Team-BHP - Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Electric Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/)
-   -   Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/64973-gen-ii-reva-nxr-revealed-edit-launching-frankfurt-motor-show-2009-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 1476303)

Years back DC had done a great looking convertible version of the reva(?). Had seen pics of it in red - anyone have those pics?

DC doesn't seem to have his hand here. its an all Reva effort and its getting better. kudos clap: reva for surviving in this niche segment for this long and continuing development.

I dont see any details about the motor.

Last gen REVA had an low tech DC motor with simple controls.

any idea who is the batt supplier.

Quote:

My guess on "remote charging" (from my basic knowledge):
  1. Li-Ion batteries are not designed to be TOTALLY discharged (aka deep-cycled), and doing so can damage the batteries.
  2. Typical working range per cell is from 3.0v(discharged) to 4.2v(charged)
  3. As a result, Li-Ions are paired with microchips that cut off the power when battery voltage drops below a certain threshold, or charges beyond the higher threshold.
  4. To prolong long-term battery life, i would imagine rasing that lower limit threshold by 5-10% helps.
  5. On the rare occasion that you NEED to use that additional 5-10%, you can call REVA and they enable it by telling the microchip to let you decharge down to x.x volts.
  6. Why call? - Coz this prevents you from doing it often/whenever you feel like and they can keep track of how you treat your batteries! (Kinda like how BMW only lets you use launch control X times!)
(There must be some fine print on the number of times youre allowed to "remotely charge" / effect on battery warranty!)

Open to corrections on the above, it could be a totally different system, but this would be my guess!

Wow, great stuff.

Just to elaborate or, in other words, to confuse further :) :

Let's assume the battery's usable energy is x AH(amp-hour). The battery gets cut off when it's drained off beyond this threshold. There is an additional 5% (approx) charge remaining at this point to avoid deep discharge and thus damaging the battery.

So, it may be quite possible that Reva will not allow to use this percentage.

Then where from the reserve power come from? It is quite possible that actually 0.8x AH (just a figure I am assumming)is made available to the car user for normal operations that give you a 80 KM range (for lead acid batteries?).

So, this SMS might just help this 20% reserve power to be available when needed.

This is quite simple with embedded software controlling the microcontroller responsible for power management.

-Pratim

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1471123)
This is the production Reva NXG from Reva press release via Indian autos blog.

the design is too similar to European Honda Civic Hatch.

Actually it resembles a shrunken version of Tarzen a wonder car.

Quote:

Years back DC had done a great looking convertible version of the reva(?). Had seen pics of it in red - anyone have those pics?

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-reva_nxg_15_04_05.jpg

Source - Don Burleson Blog: 3/2/08 - 3/9/08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 1476571)
the design is too similar to European Honda Civic Hatch.

now I was hasty i'm replying DC hadn't had his hand on the new reva but I hadn't noticed the NXG pic. Now that definitely has DC's traces. I'm still trying to look for the image of the DC Mod'd red civic displayed in all Central outlets. Now the NXG has some of those lines on it. think about it guys.

Looks cute, wish the Indian car companies could deliver on their plans faster.

I am really intrigued by the NXG. I think this makes perfect sense for someone who wants a second or third car as a small runabout to travel around your locality.

This could be a great substitute for folks evaluating the Nano for the same purpose. Only this has the green and cool factor to boot.

I hope Maini does not bypass the Indian market with lame 'No room for 2-Door Cabriolets' excuse.

By my estimates, NXG and NXR should be able to push a 500 - 700 cars a month provided they do not cross the 2.5 to 3L price point. Any opinions on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcash (Post 1477154)
I

By my estimates, NXG and NXR should be able to push a 500 - 700 cars a month provided they do not cross the 2.5 to 3L price point. Any opinions on this?

2.5 to 3L? you joking? the last held discussion with the maini folks indicated a figure of 5 L for the NXR. and then, the NXG wasn't even part of my conversation.

The current reva retails from 3-4.5 lakh (for the classe, in Delhi)

Expect this to be about 5.5-7L.

Note from Mod : Please do not post scans / pictures from Indian Publications without explicit permission to do so.

You may point to the publication/issue/page number instead.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1478580)
Note from Mod : Please do not post scans / pictures from Indian Publications without explicit permission to do so.

You may point to the publication/issue/page number instead.

Thanks.

@mods, point is clear.
More info in ACI sep '09 edition pg 19.guess the rear has got the DC signature design on it. read quirky.

Quote:

12 Sep 2009, 0714 hrs IST, Nandini Sen Gupta, ET Now

NEW DELHI: General Motors India, the wholly-owned subsidiary of American carmaker General Motors Corporation, is in advanced talks with the world’s leading electric car manufacturing company, Bangalore-based Reva Electric Car Company, for a technical collaboration and a joint venture, executives close to the development said.

GM India will source electric vehicle technology from Reva to roll out electric variants of its Chevrolet Spark small car in India and select overseas markets.

“We have been pursuing opportunities for commercial application of alternative fuel options, including bio-diesel, jatropha arrangement with CSMCRI (Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute), electric, fuel cell, hydrogen etc, with many parties for quite some time,” said GM India’s vice-president of corporate affairs, P Balendran. “Our efforts are ongoing and we have nothing to announce as of now. As soon as we finalise our plans for introduction of any alternative fuel solutions, we will announce the same,” he added.

The two companies will enter into a 50:50 joint venture (JV), which is currently awaiting the green signal from GM’s Detroit headquarters. If the JV goes through, it will be GM’s first deal since it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The new alliance is another indicator of how much the Indian market means to the Chevy (Chevrolet) brand and the significance of electric vehicles in GM’s growth plans. GM has already indicated that it will introduce the Volt electric vehicle in India in a completely-imported form.

The Reva tie-up is crucial for General Motors because it will offer the cash-strapped Detroit major the chance to source the technology of the future at more competitive rates.

GM has already indicated that e-vehicles are its chosen technology of the future. And it’s not the only one. Ford and Chrysler as well as Japanese auto majors Toyota, Nissan and Honda are all queuing up.

Reva has just announced that it will unveil two new models at the upcoming 63rd Frankfurt International Motor Show. The Reva NXR (next revolution), a sporty two-seater with a targa roof, will go into production in 2011 and the REVA NXG (next generation) will be available from next year.
Source:
GM's Spark looking to ride on Reva's technology- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:

Originally Posted by BomBatt (Post 1479214)
The Economic Times

bravo reva. way to go. finally Maini gets their due paid out. international exposure is a big push forward for Reva.