Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 10:22   #1
BHPian

CODA Automotive - All-Electric Car

Who’s heard of CODA Automotive? Just happened to stumble across an all electric car that they claim is being offered in the US – never seen it on the road as yet, but it looks like they are just hitting the market.

A sedan that looks-wise reminds me of the Logan overall. Looks a complete car with all the bells and whistles as per the website Electric Cars, Electric Vehicles (EV), Zero Emissions Car | CODA Automotive

The picture from their website that caught my attention was the gears – it looks more like a fan regulator!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
CODA Automotive - All-Electric Car-coda_all-electric.jpg  

Old 8th December 2010, 10:36   #2
BHPian

Re: CODA Automotive - All-Electric Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Who’s heard of CODA Automotive? Just happened to stumble across an all electric car that they claim is being offered in the US – never seen it on the road as yet, but it looks like they are just hitting the market.

A sedan that looks-wise reminds me of the Logan overall. Looks a complete car with all the bells and whistles as per the website Electric Cars, Electric Vehicles (EV), Zero Emissions Car | CODA Automotive

The picture from their website that caught my attention was the gears – it looks more like a fan regulator!!!!

these designs are the latest in the industry.. you could find these kind of knobs for a/t in high end cars, i once saw that in one of my friends jag
Old 8th December 2010, 15:55   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting, thanks for sharing! The Chevrolet Volt will lick the Coda and looks like a steal in comparison. Unknown brand name, a design that looks terribly outdated (BIGGEST disadvantage), limited distribution and a price higher than an established player? Coda will either end up as a very small niche player or, find it difficult to sustain in the business. I'm sure someone somewhere is hoping for an eventual buyout by a larger auto firm.
Old 8th December 2010, 16:07   #4
BHPian

They claim the range of the vehicle is 90-120 miles and top speed is 80 mph. The car looks somewhat like Hyundai Verna in side profile. Reva in India should increase the size of their cars and the range too. Awaiting for a good product from Reva.
These knobs are seen in sports cars like McLaren, Bugatti too. Thanks for sharing this information.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 8th December 2010 at 16:17.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

That CODA company is a battery manufacturer located somewhere near Tianjin, China and their electric car is also manufactured in China. That gear knob design is copied from the Jaguar XF J drive selector.

Last edited by sidindica : 9th December 2010 at 11:56.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:27   #6
BHPian

It is a single transmission car. so no gears as such.

the gear knob might be to control the satellite navigation etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks