Team-BHP - The Official non-auto Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Official non-auto Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/4477-official-non-auto-image-thread-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]All in all, I feel the A400 suits my purpose, leaving me with a bit extra dough for a 128mb SD card.

Oh i completely forgot abt the card. But i still suggest you wait till Diwali or Christmas for prices to come down. And I guess they come down pretty fast. I guess Dippy got the A75 (with 128 MB card) for around 17-18 K last year. And now the price has come down to 15K.

awesome pics guys. And Rudra.....i dunno what to say at all........all your pics are stunning. keep up the good work guys.

Wow, awesome pics Rudra!! Too good stuff!
The one with the sparrow looks awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ Oct. 30 2004,14:45)]I guess Dippy got the A75 (with 128 MB card) for around 17-18 K last year. And now the price has come down to 15K.

Dippy actually got the A70 not the A75.
Digicam prices just keep dropping coz of all the new models!

Rtech...Find someone in the states to get you one....
A400 = $169 = ~Rs7800
A75 = $175 = ~Rs8100

I would defnintely suggest the A75 over the A400
-its got a larger CCD (even though its still 3.2MP, however this makes for better picture quality)
-its got a larger & higher resolution LCD display
-its got more optical zoom (2.2x vs 3x)
-it works on CF cards, might work out slightly cheaper, especially for the larger sizes
-comes with a 32mb CF card...which might just be enough if u arent so keen on the video mode

Im not too familiar with the A400... but from my quick overview i cant really see any advantages of it over the A75! (sure the A75 might have more manual functions, but those can easily be ignored!)

Thats my view,
cya
R

Jaw dropping stuff Rudra. A picture is worth a thousand words. I will say no more. I'm hoping there are more to follow.

Can't find words to describe those pics RS. Especially the bird. Amazing stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Im not too familiar with the A400... but from my quick overview i cant really see any advantages of it over the A75!

Well Rehaan, I forgot to mention one thing, which to me is a big advantage of the A400 over the A75. Although the 75 is the better cam no doubt, it uses CF cards. My laptop has an inbuild SD/Memorystick reader, so thats why I wanted to stick to a cam that uses one of these formats. Saves carrying USB cables and/or card readers.

Rt

P.s. How much is a 128/256 SD card in the states right now??

Man this site would be great for me if I was in India BUT not in saudi man none of the pics u guys have posted can be opned by me out here man
they have been blocked

Amazing set of pics Rudra.They are just pure treat even to the souls in heaven.
Keep em comin guys....

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Nov. 01 2004,10:25)]Although the 75 is the better cam no doubt, it uses CF cards. My laptop has an inbuild SD/Memorystick reader, so thats why I wanted to stick to a cam that uses one of these formats.

Hey Rtech,

I see your point.... my laptop has an SD reader as well... however i would still just buy a CF card cam coz there are just so many more choices...superior choices that too...

Check prices on www.newegg.com, they arent the BEST prices...but they are a trustable source with competitive prices.

cya
R

here is a picture I took of my building sometime back. Will get better shots soon

Cheers

Some pics from a small town in France

This is one of the best pictures i have ever clicked

Neat pics guys! Dippy...your building is massive dude!

Nice pics Rudra and Dippy.

I also like photography. but I have film SLR and don't have a scanner to digitize my pics. Will post a few when I can lay my hands on some scanner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I have film SLR and don't have a scanner to digitize my pics. Will post a few when I can lay my hands on some scanner.

I also have the same and here's what I do - when you give a roll for developement, ask them to burn a CD with the pics. Generally they burn images directly from the processing equipment (and not scan printed copies) so the quality is much better than scans.
That way I save money too as I can get paper prints for only the ones that are worth keeping. Now a days most of the good developemnt centers offer this facility. Costs around 80 bucks to get it done here in Bangalore.