Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2006, 12:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bluetooth Transfer PC to mobile - HELP !

The problem i have is - When i want to transfer files from my pc (running XP ) to my Nokia 7610 via bluetooth - it fails -

error says "The file transfer failed because the receiving Bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another Windows XP computer, that computer must be running the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. If you sent the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push Profile is installed."

I did not face this problem earlier - now suddenly for the past month I am facing this and the surprising thing is - when i transfer from the phone to the PC it works beautiful.

Inbetween had transferred files to my friends SE K700 too. Has something gone wrong there ?

I have removed and reinstalled the drivers of the bluetooth dongle but nothing seems to work.

what could the problem be ? Also any solutions ?

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2006, 09:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
The problem i have is - When i want to transfer files from my pc (running XP ) to my Nokia 7610 via bluetooth - it fails -

error says "The file transfer failed because the receiving Bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another Windows XP computer, that computer must be running the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. If you sent the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push Profile is installed."

I did not face this problem earlier - now suddenly for the past month I am facing this and the surprising thing is - when i transfer from the phone to the PC it works beautiful.

Inbetween had transferred files to my friends SE K700 too. Has something gone wrong there ?

I have removed and reinstalled the drivers of the bluetooth dongle but nothing seems to work.

what could the problem be ? Also any solutions ?

Thanks

there can be two problems. First one of the bluetooth devices is hidden. Second you are not inputing the pass code in one of the devices.

Secondly. remove any skins or mask software you are using. I had this trouble. With the alienware Guise on my bluetooth didnt work. It only worked under standard winxp environment.
Old 22nd February 2006, 12:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
there can be two problems. First one of the bluetooth devices is hidden. Second you are not inputing the pass code in one of the devices.
The device is not hidden and the pass key is entered as and when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarashi84
Secondly. remove any skins or mask software you are using. I had this trouble. With the alienware Guise on my bluetooth didnt work. It only worked under standard winxp environment.
nope - no mask software installed. the conditions are absolutely the same as they were earlier , on the pc as well as the phone. and besides if this was the reason transfer from the phone to pc should have been affected too , right ?
Old 22nd February 2006, 20:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

your bluetooth on the pc looks to have corrupted. try installing the drivers again from the cd and then try again.

Lemme know. I will look into the issue on my phone and pc and let you know.
Old 22nd February 2006, 21:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dev,

removed the bluetooth application and reinstalled the drivers (2 times) - no avail. situation still the same . pc to phone not working .....dunno wat the damn problem is.
Old 22nd February 2006, 22:22   #6
BANNED

normally_crazy
If u're running on window Xp Service pack 2 then i recommend u to reinstalled the Software that came with Dongle & unplug your Dongle after that restart it then connect your dongle (Try on other usb port if possible)& sp2 will install it automatically !
Old 22nd February 2006, 22:53   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Dev,

removed the bluetooth application and reinstalled the drivers (2 times) - no avail. situation still the same . pc to phone not working .....dunno wat the damn problem is.
Are trying file xfer to 7610 thru PC Suite or raw OBEX?

Few things that you can/should consider:
1. I'd assume you have XP SP2 installed. If so you better stick to the MS generic BT driver.

2. If you are using BT dongle just for file xfer or sync, it's better not to install the BT driver that comes with the dongle. The default MS driver should be good enough for use with Nokia PC Suite. Few 3rd party drivers (in most cases Widcomm or Bluesoleil hacks) ruins up the BT virtual port registry.

3. The old Nokia PC suite software (the one in 7610 CD belongs to this) had quite a few issues with XP SP2 (particularly mRouter component). You can try moving up to new PC Suite (v6.7 I think).

4. Did you install any SE software to xfer file to K700? If yes, that might be a suspect (it won't messup the BT driver, but would leave the mRouter confused). Else K700 has nothing to do with this.

Bottomline, I see two suspects here (a) 3rd party BT driver or (b) broken mRouter (part of PC suite) in that order.

Cheers,
Indrajit
Old 23rd February 2006, 01:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

ok lets try it step by step.

Turn on bluetooth on both the devices. working???? Yes/No

COnnect both the devices and give passkeys on both. Woking??? yes/no

Select the file you need to send to phone. Right click send bluetooth. select the device. working??? Yes/No

Get into the device so that you should be able to browse files on your phone on the computer. WOrking???? Yes/NO

Paste the file straight away. Working???? yes/No.

THis is the simplest and sure shot way of transferring files. If this doesnt work. Lemme know I will letcha know a different way of transferring files.
Old 25th February 2006, 13:24   #9
BHPian

I had a similar problem with Bluetooth.

The the whole thing didn't work for me with Windows Bluetooth driver.
(HP nw8000, Windows XP with Nokia PC Suite and Nokia 6650)

Use the WIDCOMM driver and everything was fine.

- mvnk
Old 25th February 2006, 13:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

It could be that ur Windows might be corrupted. If its possible try reinstalling it again.
Old 28th February 2008, 16:17   #11
VMG
BHPian

Need a help!

I have O2 XDA mini. when I try to send files from O2 to PC thru Bluetooth works fine. But when I send files from PC to O2 thru bluetooth. I get a messsage saying that file has been transfered. I do not know where it writes. Tried thru search facility also. Is there any default file name or folder in O2?
Can we set a default file/folder name?
Old 28th February 2008, 17:05   #12
BHPian

my 6233 acts weird sometimes... when transferring bulk data from mobile to laptop via bluetooth... it switches of after copy about 30%. But if i copy in smaller lots... this is not a problem...
Old 28th February 2008, 17:11   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
my 6233 acts weird sometimes... when transferring bulk data from mobile to laptop via bluetooth... it switches of after copy about 30%. But if i copy in smaller lots... this is not a problem...
It is a documented error IIRC. Sending in smaller lots is the solution.
Also try updating the phone firmware to the latest release.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:17   #14
Team-BHP Support

update? is it working or still stuck?
Old 28th February 2008, 21:28   #15
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well sometimes, when I transfer to the N73 and it goes into standby mode it disconnects from the Pc while transfer...it was irritating until i finally realized it lost connection on standby for some reason...dunno whats you problem though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks