Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 11:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

All about USB Flash Drives a.k.a Pen Drive / Thumb Drive / Memory Stick / Jump Drive

Computer Technology IMHO is one of the few animals keeping pace with time. It makes you outdated even while you are making your next purchase of the latest product available in the market.

Coming to USB Flash Drives - a.k.a Pen Drive / Thumb Drive / Memory Stick / Jump Drives technology has been moving reasonably fast and we have gone from USB 1.0 to USB 3.0 in the last 10-12 years leaving the "Floppy Disk" as an antique exhibit for the museums.

Gone are the days when we forced to transfer a max of 1.2MB per 5 1/4inch floppy at a snail slow pace. Almost gone are are the days when you would carry external hard disks to transfer large volumes of data.

We are now in the era of large capacity USB Flash Drives with storage of up to 256GB maintaining data transfer speeds of 10mbps. Yes they are very expensive and its no point buying them now...but remember there was a time when the regular 128MB flash drive looked expensive when compared to a floppy. I still remember buying my 1GB pen drive for INR 2,500...i could get a 64GB for that much now.

I am sure that all that i have tried to say above will be history soon and the constant advancement in technology will leaves us with various issues to discuss.

Lets use this thread to discuss - issues, buying decisions, review, future/upcoming technology till USB Flash Drive storage lasts as practical/viable data storage and transportation options so that till such time we get the best value for our money.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: All about USB Flash Drives a.k.a Pen Drive / Thumb Drive / Memory Stick / Jump Dr

We already have many threads on USB drives. - Support Team
Closed Thread

Most Viewed