Team-BHP - 15000 rupee cell ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   15000 rupee cell ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/11666-15000-rupee-cell.html)

guys unfortunately i lost my atom yesterday and i need a new cell in the range of 15000 give and take.what are my options.id prefer a nokia.

nothing bulky please

Nokia 6680, 6681, 6630 should be best buy's. All of them are kinda similar and have 99% functions in common.

if you shift to motorola..the razr v3i is perfect

6630 damn good 11800
use it for one year till wrannty gets over and sell it off
6680 and 81 are giving lots of problems...
if u got used to touch screen try p910i its good now around 18k

I dunno about prices in India but have a look at

for a lightweight non-smart phone 6230i is an excellent handset.

for smartphones that are lightweight have a look at the windows candybar handphones.

panasonic x800 (Symbian OS, lacks mp3,excellent design and build)
motorola mox220(windows, VFM but sub par performer)
o2 xda orion
imate sp5/sp5m
qtek 8020
other windows candybar smartphones from Imate and xda.

If u don't mind a 2nd hand one, u'll get a Nokia N70 if u want. Now that shuld make u think a bit...

Used SE P910s don't cost 18k, u can get it for as less as 12k here.

how about the 6680 and the 6270.which ones is better between the two , why and which would be a better buy ? any problems with either phone

you lost your atom!... ouch!... how?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinadha
6680 and 81 are giving lots of problems...

I disagree....have been using the 6681 for almost a year now and have not had a single problem with it...the software is fast and reliable,never hangs.
I would suggest the N70 over the 6681, even tho the 6681 is fast in operation the n70 is just blazing fast. But i am not sure abt the price of the n70. Value for money phone- 6230i

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_mania
how about the 6680 and the 6270.which ones is better between the two , why and which would be a better buy ? any problems with either phone

6680 is a symbian smartphone( uses OS8 isntead of OS 9.0_
UMTS phone gives it additional advantage on multi network usage
133grams make it heavy if you mind it being heavy
RS-DV-MMC not widely available
Bluetooth 1.2 is faster and more stable.
3g cam is an asset but not really useful as of now
1.3 mp cam inferior to nokia 6270
push to talk available if it matters to you.
integration of today screen is a bonus
radio is missing
some stability issues

nokia 6270 is not a smartphone(runs on nokia series 40 OS)
Quad-band phone compared to 6680 but loses out on UMTS
125grams is lighter than 6680 by 8grams
stereo speakers provide with good sound
mini sd more widespread than RS-DV-MMC and a but faster
bluetooth v.2.0 is much better than bluetooth 1.2
better 2mp camera compared to 1.2
radio available
Push to talk available too

Nokia 6270 comes out to be the clear winner. but rest depends on the price too. the multimedia on 6270 is not laid out properly and you can term that as a limitation of not being a smartphone. On top of that 6680 is a smartphone and you have tons of applications available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil
I disagree....have been using the 6681 for almost a year now and have not had a single problem with it...the software is fast and reliable,never hangs.
I would suggest the N70 over the 6681, even tho the 6681 is fast in operation the n70 is just blazing fast. But i am not sure abt the price of the n70. Value for money phone- 6230i

hey sahil

trinadha must have mentioned that wrt to the people we know,apparently few people in the group(trinadha and me are in the same coll) who own 6681 and 6680 arent that satisfied with them coz of the few problems coming up reguarly.

what kind of probs i really dunno

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK

welll its more like some one stole it.was at worli sea face the other day and evry one was checking out my ride as i just got 17 inchers and my music system installed.a couple of friends and their friends entered the car to check it out from inside.my phone was lying on the dash board n wen i got in to make a call it was gone and so were those guys.so im really sure one of them flicked it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK

welll its more like some one stole it.was at worli sea face the other day and evry one was checking out my ride as i just got 17 inchers and my music system installed.a couple of friends and their friends entered the car to check it out from inside.my phone was lying on the dash board n wen i got in to make a call it was gone and so were those guys.so im really sure one of them flicked it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
6680 is a symbian smartphone( uses OS8 isntead of OS 9.0_
UMTS phone gives it additional advantage on multi network usage
133grams make it heavy if you mind it being heavy
RS-DV-MMC not widely available
Bluetooth 1.2 is faster and more stable.
3g cam is an asset but not really useful as of now
1.3 mp cam inferior to nokia 6270
push to talk available if it matters to you.
integration of today screen is a bonus
radio is missing
some stability issues

nokia 6270 is not a smartphone(runs on nokia series 40 OS)
Quad-band phone compared to 6680 but loses out on UMTS
125grams is lighter than 6680 by 8grams
stereo speakers provide with good sound
mini sd more widespread than RS-DV-MMC and a but faster
bluetooth v.2.0 is much better than bluetooth 1.2
better 2mp camera compared to 1.2
radio available
Push to talk available too

Nokia 6270 comes out to be the clear winner. but rest depends on the price too. the multimedia on 6270 is not laid out properly and you can term that as a limitation of not being a smartphone. On top of that 6680 is a smartphone and you have tons of applications available.

hey dude this is great.i think i will go in for the 6270 for the time being.any problems or demirts with this phone ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_mania
hey dude this is great.i think i will go in for the 6270 for the time being.any problems or demirts with this phone ??

You can't use mass file transfer via Bluetooth from the phone's menu (you can only select them). The necessity to copy files from the phone's memory to the card really irritates.

The 3.41 is rich in errors, and the phone may turn off automatically. The 3.45 has some mistakes corrected and appears more stable. Check before buying.

multimedia features are mediocre

camera inclusion and quality is average at best.

that's about it. Otherwise its got good battery life and a bright and crisp display.