Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 00:56   #16
BHPian

Don't worry about any refurbished product from Apple, if you buy from Apple's website. Their warranty on refurbished products are same as a new product i.e. 1 year warranty. If it is iPad or MacBook, the warranty is honored all over the world. Just the iPhones don't carry international warranty.
Old 17th April 2012, 07:06   #17
BHPian

Re: Refurbished products from company: Is it worth the risk?

I bought Nikon D5000 and 35MM lens from us which were refurbished and re certified. No issues so far and both are working fine. I would suggest refurbished products as the savings are good enough to buy some other gadget.
Old 17th April 2012, 08:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
gopikb : As for Garmin, I also saw that India prices are definitely costlier and hence I will buy it in the US.
When you are a considering a Garmin, I will suggest that you first check the prices of the maps that you will use, or at least decide if you are going to use a hacked version (if available). Problem is that MMI charges 7k for maps alone. If you go this route -buying a Garmin from US & purhasing MMI maps, then it will work out to more than MMI itself.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:53   #19
BANNED

You should be Ok. In any case the warranty may not be valid in India one you get back. These are normally as good as the Original - in some cases they may even be better since the QC is often higher.
Old 17th April 2012, 10:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
When you are a considering a Garmin, I will suggest that you first check the prices of the maps that you will use, or at least decide if you are going to use a hacked version (if available). Problem is that MMI charges 7k for maps alone. If you go this route -buying a Garmin from US & purhasing MMI maps, then it will work out to more than MMI itself.
Not really man. In the US you can lay your hands on extremely good deals from Amazon for the Garmin, I picked up a 1300 recently from weekly deals. MMI is expensive and from what I can see its only a matter of time before they have competition. Demand is high no competition and their maps are atrociously priced.

Garmin india maps are available for 100USD for download.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
If the price is almost same and may be 5-10% extra I will suggest to buy from India instead of carrying this meterial from US. In custom they may create havoc problem.
Sowmya, Thanks. I took DerAlte's suggestion and installed JBL speakers on the front and rear (parcel tray oval speakers) on my Punto. Total cost was Rs.7200. But it is defnitely a money well spent. The difference is sound quality was evident immediately.

We used to store all our favourite songs in the USB for long drives and finally end up forwarding most of them as they never sound good with the stock speakers of Punto. Now that has changed.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
condor, Thank you. My brother in law in US wanted to upgrade his GPS device and is giving me his one year old Garmin Nuvi 1300 for $40. So I will check on the India map options both from garmin and MMI and decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks