Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 12:31   #1

Panic Button -> SMS for Senior Citizens

I have googled the internet for source in *INDIA*. I have also "searched" in this forum for any earlier reference - no success. Basically it is a small wearable device for elderly so that in an emergency when they press a button a predefined SMS over GSM network to pre-selected numbers is sent as alert. I will be grateful if any kind member is able to direct me to any source in India for procuring such a product. Many years back, in exhibitions, I had seen but the necessity has arisen for my elderly mother now. I cannot recollect those suppliers now. Many thanks in advance.
Old 31st May 2013, 13:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Panic Button -> SMS for Senior Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishya View Post
I have googled the internet for source in *INDIA*. I have also "searched" in this forum for any earlier reference - no success. Basically it is a small wearable device for elderly so that in an emergency when they press a button a predefined SMS over GSM network to pre-selected numbers is sent as alert. I will be grateful if any kind member is able to direct me to any source in India for procuring such a product. Many years back, in exhibitions, I had seen but the necessity has arisen for my elderly mother now. I cannot recollect those suppliers now. Many thanks in advance.

I have heard of cellphones and also GPS devices with this feature.

http://www.flipkart.com/iball-aasaan/p/itmctqpetcm4b33n

International Item: http://www.infratecsecurity.com.au/s...mote/p_29.html

EBAY (China) Item (something similar) : http://www.ebay.in/itm/gps-gsm-gprs-...item19da64e78c
Old 31st May 2013, 14:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

I got my Dad one of the cell phones with an emergency button on the back panel. It can store upto 4 numbers which it will call in order of the preference till one of the numbers does get an answer. In case all numbers fail to elicit a response it shall send a sms to all 04. I have had a few anxious moments about twice in the last 2 years when: once my Dad hit it by mistake and second time he did it on purpose to check the response time. haha.
Old 1st June 2013, 09:55   #4

I sincerely thank both devrajman, wanderernomad for the kind directions and information for my request.
Old 2nd June 2013, 00:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I sincerely thank both devrajman, wanderernomad for the kind directions and information for my request.
I reside in Pune and recently ordered from ebay a senior citizen phone for my mom. It has a big SOS button on it and it does send sms to present numbers and also sounds a siren after some time.
The manufacturer of the phone is Alcatel and the cost was 1100 Rs including shipping to my house address.
The experience has been good and for the money invested am more than happy with the product.The product is easy to use has big buttons having numbers which can be seen without glasses and has a big display. Fully charged the mobile can stay on its battery for 3 days easily.
Other phones such as Iball Aasan are not worth for a cost of 2800 to 3000 Rs.
Old 2nd June 2013, 01:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I think Tata DoCoMo has this offering in India, one of the car accessories shops in thane had this dongle type thing in display case. Can check if you still need it once I am able to come back to Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks