Team-BHP - How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1380-how-fast-your-internet-service-provider-isp-connection-64.html)

This is my speed from ACT Fiber for which i pay Rs 767 a month.

http://speedtest.net.in/test/13274878

Here's my speed from Jio Fiber, which has been free from June 2017

http://speedtest.net.in/test/13274975

i-On Internet

Proper fibre-to-the-home.

I have opted for their slowest plan :D
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-ion-speedtest.png

Note the 1:1 symmetrical download/upload speed. No more lame 3-5 Mbps uploads!!

It all started when this flyer was slipped under my main door (Kemps Corner area).

I called Ajay (9167670240) and have to say I was impressed with his follow ups, promptness and ability to answer all my questions.
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-20171106_110022.jpg

These are the current "offer" plans. (IIRC, you get some 100GB or 200GB more per month). Not sure when this offer will last till, but it's more than i need).
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-20171101-promotional-offers.jpg
Note: He did mention they only offer some of the higher speeds in South Mumbai.

Yep - it's an actual optical fibre right up to your modem!
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-20171106_1227191.jpg

The techs come over with this kit and put the connector on the optical fibre, run some tests, and set things up:
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-20171106_174329.jpg

I've had it for less than a week, but I've got zero complaints so far! :thumbs up

From what I understood, they also have Dadar and Thane hubs. The one i am connected to seems to be "Mahalaxmi".

Here in the Netherlands, Vodafone is my provider and offered speed is 500 mbps up and down at 45 EUR a month tax included. I usually get speeds between 350 and 400. It was honestly exciting for first couple of weeks and I have tried downloading lots of things even when it was not needed, but then at the end its just a good, fast internet with no buffering. That is pretty much it and I dont look at the numbers now:)

How is hathway in bangalore? Specifically BTM layout? I'm considering making the switch from ACT as I'm getting double the bandwidth for half the price.

Upgraded to 100Mbps on Airtel Fiber FTTH (from v-Fiber VDSL 40 Mbps). Same monthly rental at 1299, and same data limits @ 175gb with data rollover.
ONT is from Huawei. and a crappy router from TOTO link (ever heard of it?), but better that the beetel ones they have been providing for vdsl.

Here are my results.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7276895511

I pay Rs. 1500/month for Unlimited data from a broadband provider. So far, it hasn't let me down in 3 months. Let's see how it goes. I was use to higher speeds back in Chicago, but then again, I paid Rs. 4550/month for 500mbps. Still not bad and get's the job done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4303368)
i-On Internet

Proper fibre-to-the-home.

6-month update:

These i-On guys are really good.

The other day the electricity went in my building, and they called me to check if i was having any internet problems because my connection was showing offline in their system!

Reliability has been AWESOME. There has been no more than 30 seconds of downtime in the last 6 months.

After trying it on a monthly basis for a while, I paid Rs.19,500+tax upfront for the 100 MBPS plan for the whole year (1,600/mo +tax), and it seems they've bumped me up to 300MB/s as some sort of promotion...

Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 1070
Size:  46.4 KB

FYI: Speedtest to a further away (Delhi) server shows 29ms / 150 down / 117 up.

No place for fast internet like Hyderabad.
Mine is an 899 per month Airtel Fiber to home broadband. 100Mbps connection; Comes with free WiFi router and landline with unlimited National calling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 4404360)
Mine is an 899 per month Airtel Fiber to home broadband. 100Mbps connection; Comes with free WiFi router and landline with unlimited National calling.

All of you should quote the Net bill amt with GST and whatever other charges are included. :D
This way people will know what they would be actually paying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 4404360)
Mine is an 899 per month Airtel Fiber to home broadband. 100Mbps connection;

How much data is included in this plan ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 4404496)
How much data is included in this plan ?

200GB plus additional data for each Airtel number you have and include to My Airtel app. Unused data rolls over to next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 4404528)
200GB ...Unused data rolls over to next month.

This seems a pretty good package for 900 Rs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 4404558)
This seems a pretty good package for 900 Rs.

Yes. ACT plans are even cheaper than Airtel. We get 60Mbps for 700 per month in Hyderabad.

Internet has always been cheaper in Hyderabad than other cities I feel.

PS: My comparison doesn't take Hathway into account. Only reliable ISPs :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4397555)
These i-On guys are really good.

Last month, these chaps called me up and said that they will be converting all existing broadband customers to fibre at no additional cost. This would be the 3rd year with them and their annual plans seem to get cheaper every year. Currently on a 25 Mbps plan which was automatically upgraded to 40 Mbps for no reason. :D Not that I'm complaining. Till last month, 50 Mbps was the highest and that didn't make it a much of an upgrade for me. However, today morning spotted this in their portal.
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-screen-shot-20180524-9.44.46-am.png

Next renewal should see my house with the 1Gbps line. Not sure why they don't have something in the middle. Co-incidently, Jio too has been laying a network in my society and should be ready for use maybe in a month or two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4404578)
Not sure why they don't have something in the middle. Co-incidently, Jio too has been laying a network in my society and should be ready for use maybe in a month or two.

Yeah, that's strange. Usually for these ISPs the website is a bit outdated/incomplete and the latest/full plans circulate as a xeroxed sheet of paper :D

Jio approached my building last week as well, but I said i was very happy with i-On, and Jio didn't really provide anything more (except perhaps the possibility of bait & switch pricing schemes)!