Team-BHP - How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1380-how-fast-your-internet-service-provider-isp-connection-14.html)

I asked the people EVDO and they said nothing like this is available here.

You guys are lucky to be living where you are living.

So, there ends it. Will stick on to wi fi now. Please assist on other alternatives. I need a good fast data card.

Hi guys, I want to tell the bad bad bad experience I am having with idea net setter internet.

Claim:They claim to have a speed upto 236 kbps.
Fact: I get a maximum download speed of 20-30 kbps.

Claim:They have cheaper rates
Fact: At a certain time, they charge 2ps/kbps so for a Mb for download, they charge around 20 Rs/MB:Frustrati. Thats just too much for such a stupid speed.

I am just too fed up of this, and bought a reliance broadband+. which is far far better then idea.

Please share your experiences if you are using/ have used idea netsetter.

My BSNL 3G connection through Sony Ericsson J105 Naite

Quote:

Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth (Post 1670328)

My BSNL 3G connection through Sony Ericsson J105 Naite

What are you paying for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh (Post 1670593)
What are you paying for this?

I have opted for a 10 GB plan @ 1099 a month.

Tata's connection simply rocks! Even downtime is not too frequent. How times change...when this thread was created in 2004, the best poll option read "261+ Kbps (aka i am very lucky (or a liar)!)"

Name:  908340324.png
Views: 620
Size:  20.5 KB

Here is what I am getting. The most optimum thing we can have at home thanks to locality and HT lines that others dont want to cross.

Have been using airtel connection for a long time now. Been over 4 years. Almost nill disconnections i must say. My plan is unlimited download throughout the day with 1 MBPS speed. Costs me 1200 bucks without the tax.

Here is the connection speed from my office....not bad eh?

Reliance Netconnect Broadband + at tirunelveli

MTNL Triband at my end

Here's Tata Indicom at my end.

How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-speed.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2018489)
Tata's connection simply rocks! Even downtime is not too frequent. How times change...when this thread was created in 2004, the best poll option read "261+ Kbps (aka i am very lucky (or a liar)!)"

Attachment 402858

WOW!...What kind of connection is that? Dedicated line?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidd25 (Post 1670219)
Hi guys, I want to tell the bad bad bad experience I am having with idea net setter internet.

Claim:They claim to have a speed upto 236 kbps.
Fact: I get a maximum download speed of 20-30 kbps.

When they say 256 kbps, to get the exact download speed, you need to divide the figure by 8, i.e 256/8 = 32kbps. That's the speed you should be getting ..

This is the speed I am currently getting after a speed bump by Airtel.
I am on a 2Mbps Unlimited plan. Pretty awesome experience so far. No disconnections/downtimes whatsoever.