Team-BHP - How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1380-how-fast-your-internet-service-provider-isp-connection-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aim120 (Post 3022861)
Whats the practical speed you get and how are the pings to singapore and japanese servers.Is the FUP on download only or combined.

Presently i am at work.Once i get back i will check for the figures and put it up.I think it will be pretty decent.Yet i can only confirm once i check it.What connection are you using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtxmdpg (Post 3021958)
Hi!
I moved to Mahavir Enclave, near Dwarka sector 1 , Delhi and have taken a Reliance broadband internet connection. It really sucks. I pay Rs 850/- for 250 kbps. In Mumbai I get 3MBPS for Rs 210/-

Is there a better option in Delhi for internet connection. I need minimum 1MBPS and unlimited download.

Why didnt you opted for Reliance thunder plan. Its 699 2 mbps unlimited. check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redline Shooter (Post 3022863)
Presently i am at work.Once i get back i will check for the figures and put it up.I think it will be pretty decent.Yet i can only confirm once i check it.What connection are you using?

I use my local cable providers Internet speeds are at best 7mbps but they have horrible quality of service .As they keep adding more customers without buying more bandwidth, the speed drops drastically and ping to their own server increases .

Check whats the ping you get for this singapore gaming server IP 216.185.109.67

This is what I usually get

How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-image3128251906.jpg

Am very much satisfied, both by the service and the speed. 👍

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtxmdpg (Post 3021958)
In Mumbai I get 3MBPS for Rs 210/-

Which service provider is this & which part of Mumbai ?
I'm using Reliance Netconnect usb dongle getting less than 1mbps (10gb monthly usage) & nowhere near 3.1mbps as claimed & i'm paying 1.2k per month!

I have a spectranet Ftth connection and I have clocked a max of 11 mbps at times and atleast 7 mbps always

Using ACT from last 6 months. Regular 10 MBPS . 1.2 mb/s per second on download manager.

It's a different thing that when Jai karnataka goons had cut off the cables 2 months back in benson town there was no internet for 2 weeks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aim120 (Post 3023074)
I use my local cable providers Internet speeds are at best 7mbps but they have horrible quality of service .As they keep adding more customers without buying more bandwidth, the speed drops drastically and ping to their own server increases .

Check whats the ping you get for this singapore gaming server IP 216.185.109.67

I will surely check that and let you know.But yes this is the trouble with the cable operators.the A.S.S is really bad.So is Tikona.Its one of the worst service providers i have ever witnessed.:Frustrati

How fast depends a lot on what is available. In my locality, the fastest is 8 mbps from Airtel. I have that 8 mbps which gives its rated download speed and is up close to 100% of the time. FUP is 175 GB which is cool but Airtel sometimes overestimates usage and 175 GB may become 170.

India's average broadband speeds are 1 mbps which is quite low compared with the world average of 3 mbps and even lower than in Asia-Pac. India is ranked 120th in average coonection speeds. Of course costs here are higher for even 8 mbps at close to 3K per month.

This is the internet connection offered to students in my hostel.

How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?-1.jpg

How will students study with this?

Spike:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 3088021)
How will students study with this Spike:p

Seriously... 51 mbps. whew. Is that a spike lol: or is it what you call a 1 Gbps connection?

Airtel Bangalore 1050 plan:

Took ACT broadband connection last week (Old Airport Road, Bangalore).

Promised speeds are 25 Mbps up/down.

FUP is 60 GB (only downloads are counted), post which speeds drop to 512 kbps.

Beam Fiber today at Hyderabad, with ethernet cable directly plugged into laptop:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2635365962.png

Guys need some help.

I have been using airtel for the last 6 Years now. In the last 1 year or so after their revised plans have been a happy customer. Now though I have a problem.

About 10 days ago I shifted from Basavanagudi to koramangala. In my new residence airtel connection is not possible. Although there is feasibility in my area which is in the 6th block near koramangala club, the cc guys are saying that there is a building/row permission issue and hence connection is not possible.

Now I am being forced to switch over to other ISP. Did a quick search and I read only negative reviews of all ISPs.

Can you people suggest me high speed reliable ISPs with good service in my area please.