Team-BHP - How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1380-how-fast-your-internet-service-provider-isp-connection-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 2328592)
This is with BSNL. I'm satisfied so far. They have improved their QOS.

Cheers!

What is the plan and tariff ?

This is what we get at IIT Kanpur:

:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2518209)

It is so fast here that any Giga Byte contents gets downloaded in minutes for your use. Awesome.

Reliance 3G dongle (3.1mbps) on a good day
Name:  1504152847.png
Views: 809
Size:  52.0 KB

Airtel Broadband 2mbps

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 868
Size:  278.2 KB

Cheers!

Vinu

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2521660)
Reliance 3G dongle (3.1mbps) on a good day
Attachment 669363

That is very pathetic speed. Even download speed is less than upload speed. Rare feat in India. I somehow never impressed with dongle way of accessing internet. These guys claim a lot but in actual usage give more pain than anything else. All are doing daylight robbery.

Better solution is, you can pair laptop from your phone using GPRS connection. Do not even think of 3G connection. They will rip you off in the name of 3G without any facility. Certainly max of the time GPRS gives better speed. Sigh...

Reliance Netconnect (Today)
Download: 1.85 Mbps
Upload: 0.68 Mbps

I remember seeing this 500-600 Kbps when Reliance launched Netconnect 3.2Mbps

On the task bar my systems shown on the LAN Icon, says LAN, speed 100 Mbps. This is BSNL always on broadband. Can someone help me how can check the actual speed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gany (Post 2529111)
On the task bar my systems shown on the LAN Icon, says LAN, speed 100 Mbps. This is BSNL always on broadband. Can someone help me how can check the actual speed?

That 100 Mbps is the ethernet card speed.
To check the connection speed of your internet, just log on to www(dot)speedtest(dot)net and click on "Begin test". It'll provide you with the results

Airtel 3G is quite a stonker!! Check out the signal strength. Quite amazing :))

That speed looks awesome, with CM 7.1 which allows tethering easily can be used as a hotspot..

What is the cheapest AirTel 3G prepaid plan? Right now I have RC98 which is Rs. 98 with 2GB limit for a month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbhp
That speed looks awesome, with CM 7.1 which allows tethering easily can be used as a hotspot..

What is the cheapest AirTel 3G prepaid plan? Right now I have RC98 which is Rs. 98 with 2GB limit for a month.

It is indeed really awesome :) btw I am running on stock gingerbread 2.3 which also gives you an excellent tethering option.

Check out airtel.in for the various tariff options.

That's with my Airtel connection, it's a 4 MBPS line with a cap of 30 GB as far as I recall. Great speed, if a bit pricey.

This what i am currently getting on You Broadband

Quote:

Originally Posted by iliketurtles (Post 2542627)
That's with my Airtel connection, it's a 4 MBPS line with a cap of 30 GB as far as I recall. Great speed, if a bit pricey.

i use the exact same plan and am extremely happy with the connection. the speeds stay pretty constant unlike my earlier MTNL connection where it fluctuated wildly between 512kbps and 2 Mbps.

Also, the cap of 30GB is for the high speed data download. Post that, data will still be free, albit at 256kbps speeds :Frustrati