Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 18:26   #1
BHPian

Karaoke System

I will be thankful if anyone helps me with little information about Karaoke, its cost, where to get etc.

Little background:
I'm a novice singer. Rather, I am a bathroom singer and want sing with music as a hobby. I am not going to use it outdoors, I will only be using it inside my room.

Please guide.
Old 14th July 2013, 19:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Karaoke System

Quote:
Originally Posted by byomjeet View Post
I will be thankful if anyone helps me with little information about Karaoke, its cost, where to get etc.
I have myself no idea about this but a quick search on Flipkart was helpful. You can find more details here: Flipkart

A longer and more tedious option is to use Google. Hoping some one here can give more direct information.
Old 14th July 2013, 19:53   #3
BANNED

Not needed, get a computer software such as MiniLyrics, it downloads the Lyrics from the Internet, plays the lyrics synchronised with the tracks you have. It has most popular tracks, and if not in perfect sync, you can manually sync it.
You put in any Microphone and choose to either play the actual song or not
Old 15th July 2013, 12:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Also you can get plugins for most of the computer audio players which remove the center channel (actually there is no center channel as such - just the fact that same signal on right and left = center channel). Usually main vocals are on the center channel, whereas the instruments are always panned a bit right or left.

End result - the music plays but no (or very low) vocals ...
Old 27th October 2013, 22:36   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot to everybody. I got it. I got the product called Meragana Karaoke. This is probably the cheapest, highly portable karaoke device available in Indian market. This is available in www.ebay.in for Rs. 6980/-.

One can also find many different karaoke devices and their comparisons in http://www.karaokehub.in/. This website can also help you in pruchasing one of such devices.

Will order the item tomorrow.

Thanks again for your inputs.
Old 1st November 2013, 14:24   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a collection of around 1100 karaoke music files of languages Hindi, Kannada and a very few English songs. Most of these were collected from fellow musicians and some were exclusively produced for shows. Do let me know if anyone needs any specific song or songs. Most of them are of excellent quality and only some are of the quasi karaoke type. Majority of the songs are pre 2010 and not later. Only a few fresh songs are available. Note that I am not marketing this and I am willing to provide them for free to Bhp-ians. Send a PM if you have a song request and if I have it with me I shall mail it.
Old 20th December 2013, 01:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byomjeet View Post
Thanks a lot to everybody. I got it. I got the product called Meragana Karaoke. This is probably the cheapest, highly portable karaoke device available in Indian market. This is available in www.ebay.in for Rs. 6980/-.

One can also find many different karaoke devices and their comparisons in http://www.karaokehub.in/. This website can also help you in pruchasing one of such devices.

Will order the item tomorrow.

Thanks again for your inputs.
Byomjeet,

Did you get the karaoke mic? how is it?
please post a review if possible.

I recently bought this one at 8750/- from ebay. it worked fine for a few days, after a month, it just refused to turn on!
Now have sent it back to the seller he says he will replace it as soon as possible. I am waiting for the replacement

-Antariksh
Old 20th December 2013, 04:08   #8
BHPian

The one we have fun with at all our friends parties is

persang.in

It is simply amazing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks