Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:38   #16
BHPian

Re: The '3D Printer' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
I need some help from forum members who are familiar with this subject. I have an old General make MG345 boombox which i ....

I need some advice on services in bangalore which offer this type of 3d scanning and printing service.
If you have 3D model, then I can give a shot at 3D printing without any cost.
I have 3D printer at home only problem is I am in Germany. I can send with sombody who is travelling from Germany to India.
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
If you have 3D model, then I can give a shot at 3D printing without any cost.
I have 3D printer at home only problem is I am in Germany. I can send with sombody who is travelling from Germany to India.
Thank you. Unfortunately, i don't have a 3D model. As i said in the post, i need someone to scan the original, make the 3D model and then print it.
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Unfortunately, i don't have a 3D model. As i said in the post, i need someone to scan the original, make the 3D model and then print it.
Please post or send me photo of button. I will see what it takes to make 3d model.
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:30   #19
BHPian

I will send you a photo of the actual part. For reference, i am attaching a photo that i hope will make you understand the part i am trying to get. One a cassette holder and the other is the play button.

Don't mind the botched attempt.
Attached Thumbnails
The '3D Printer' thread-mg345.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2019, 15:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I will send you a photo of the actual part. For reference, i am attaching a photo that i hope will make you understand the part i am trying to get. One a cassette holder and the other is the play button.

Don't mind the botched attempt.
From the look, I feel it will be simple 3D model. In those times, complex 3D curved surfaces were not common or not possible. That is why all designs used to have flat surfaces as tooling was easy for such flat surfaces. 3D modeling the piece will be easy,

Now if you can get some Mechanical Engineer/Student to put up 2D Drawing for it, then 50% job is done.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 23rd September 2019 at 15:41.
Old 12th August 2020, 22:51   #21
BHPian

I got my 3D printer last week. Actually after seeing that my PS4 was laying there for over 3 years with only like 10-12 hours of usage on it, I decided to sell it off and get a 3D printer instead. The trade off was good and I paid like 2k additional only. I got the Ender 3 printer (one of the top rated in entry level) and oh! boy! I couldn't have been happier.

The '3D Printer' thread-img_0033.jpeg

The whole process of concept to reality hasn't been simpler. The first print was definitely something already on the pre-loaded micro SD card. One of the first full project was to make a mouse-bungee for my friend.

Step one, doodle the concept!
The '3D Printer' thread-img_0171.jpeg

Step two, design it in CAD and slice it with the utility that came with the printer. (I used Solidworks for the design and Creality slicer to generate the g-code)
The '3D Printer' thread-img_0165.jpeg

Step three, print it!

Step four, some post production and painting.
The '3D Printer' thread-img_0169.jpeg

And, final product.
The '3D Printer' thread-img_0177.jpeg
chiro3110 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 22:11   #22
BHPian

Purchased a slightly used Phrozen sonic mini 4k resin msla printer last week. This is mainly for professional use. Although it's a bit small for my use case, hoping to hone my skills and then upgrade from there. Depending on ROI.
Looking forward to learning more from you guys
Torq is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks