Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2013, 19:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: The Pebble Smartwatch

Speaking of usability, I have an app that reads my texts when headset is connected. So when my friend texts me to go for a coffee, I just get up and leave, without even having to read the text. On a similar not my android app reads current time on double click of headset button so nobody knows I am checking time during classes.
Old 25th December 2013, 23:46   #17
BHPian

@Harneet. Yes HOT is a bit gimmicky, though it still offers one extra feature that makes it stand apart. The palm-call feature is the only reason i bought it. While driving, cars BT takes cares of the phone calls but when in office or in a cinema hall HOT can be very handy. And since we are talking Nokia, the Curve model i ordered has a led flashlight too.
Old 27th December 2013, 11:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Speaking of usability, I have an app that reads my texts when headset is connected. So when my friend texts me to go for a coffee, I just get up and leave, without even having to read the text. On a similar not my android app reads current time on double click of headset button so nobody knows I am checking time during classes.
Its amazing the creativity people put into apps these days! I would definitely want something like that for iOS so it could read out texts to me while I'm driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
And since we are talking Nokia, the Curve model i ordered has a led flashlight too.
Old 7th January 2014, 14:14   #19
Lij
BHPian

Pebble Steel announced for USD 249.

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Pebbl...or-249_id51056
Old 17th February 2014, 21:49   #20
BHPian

Which smart watch?

Dear BHpians,

I am planning to gift a smart watch to one of my friend. Currently I am in Africa & will be travelling back to India via Dubai next week.

I have gone through reviews of so many smart watches like Pebble/Samsung/Sony/Etc... But still not able to make up my mind .

Request tech gurus here to guide me on this. Also if possible need info on whether these watches will be available at Dubai duty free shop or not?

Regards,
Balaguru
Old 28th June 2014, 12:02   #21
BHPian

A car, a smartwatch and a smart sunglass : does it work well today?

>>>

An experiential article on a Mercedes Benz CLA, Pebble and Google Glass :

http://www.content-loop.com/smartwatch-meets-smart-car/

Regards

* All copyrights acknowledged
Old 29th October 2014, 14:49   #22
BHPian

When I read this review almost an year back, I told to myself I wouldn't buy myself a smart watch for atleast 2years to let the technology mature. 10months later - Just got the pebble smart watch in black. Loving all its basic functionality kind of setup. Just what I wanted, however the top cover isn't any of the gorilla glass, it's a mere polycarbonate shield. It sure looks like it will be prone to scratches. Will post updates here, hope the OP doesn't mind.
P.S.: Got it for $100 and I think it's a steal at this price.
Old 6th November 2014, 21:40   #23
BHPian

Won't be updating this thread with pebble news anymore. Sold it on OLX 'bech de'. Upgraded.

Review: The Pebble Smartwatch-img_20141106_165129195.jpg
Old 30th November 2014, 10:43   #24
BHPian

I came to this thread looking for a review on the Pebble and pleasant surprise. The Moto looks great!
I was saving up for a Seiko, but I think I'm going to put that idea on the back burner. I'm planning to buy a smartwatch soon. The only two watches which caught my fancy are the Pebble Steel and the Moto 360.
What is your opinion on the Pebble Steel, did you consider it? It's going for a discount and international shipping is available.
Please do write about your experience with the Moto so far.
I'm going to change my phone in Jan-Feb next year, might make a switch to IOS, so will need to factor that into my smart watch decision.
Old 12th December 2014, 15:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I came to this thread looking for a review on the Pebble and pleasant surprise. The Moto looks great!
I was saving up for a Seiko, but I think I'm going to put that idea on the back burner. I'm planning to buy a smartwatch soon. The only two watches which caught my fancy are the Pebble Steel and the Moto 360.
What is your opinion on the Pebble Steel, did you consider it? It's going for a discount and international shipping is available.
Please do write about your experience with the Moto so far.
I'm going to change my phone in Jan-Feb next year, might make a switch to IOS, so will need to factor that into my smart watch decision.
The killer app of the Pebble Steel is awesome battery life, which is the Achilles heel of all others. It also looks very good.

I got mine yesterday, shipped from HK at the discounted price of $150, duties and shipping extra of course. I placed the order on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Pebble Smartwatch-1418379391949.jpg  

Old 1st April 2015, 18:25   #26
BHPian

Has anybody bought this from Pebble's website - https://getpebble.com/shop

It is 99$ on this site, and they claim to ship free to India. The other Indian websites have this retailing for atleast Rs 9k!
Old 3rd April 2015, 17:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Has anybody bought this from Pebble's website - https://getpebble.com/shop

It is 99$ on this site, and they claim to ship free to India. The other Indian websites have this retailing for atleast Rs 9k!
Yes, me. But the free shipping option is though regular postal services - Singapore Post, India Post etc. It'll take a long time a few months and then you may or may not be charged customs. If you are it could be an arbitrary amount and may mean trips to post offices. So to save shipping, you'll get into a lot more trouble and delays.

What I did, when the watch was discounted for Christmas, is to buy it and get it shipped via DHL. It arrived in a few days, with full tracking and location info. DHL obviously gets the packet customs cleared, so I paid that as well. It was still cheaper than all other options.

But mind you this was only worth it because the Pebble Steel was discounted to $150. In your case, shipping plus customs will add about 4k extra, so 9K in India is not a bad price.
Old 10th December 2016, 06:07   #28
BHPian

Official statement from pebble - "Pebble has ceased its daily operations, and is no longer producing or selling smartwatches."

I have a pebble time steel and this news is heartbreaking.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/09/...oup-editorial/

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-pebble-got-disbanded/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks