Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 19:31   #1
BHPian

apple ipod nano

having problems with it uncle got an ipod sor my sister around a week ago its a 4gb one she transfered some songs to it and it worked so we tot of transfering more songs this time from my computer i connected the pod to my comp when windows logged in it dint recoginse it whem i held it in my hand it was burning hot so i tot there was something wrong i immediately disconnected the usb since then its not switching on what might be the problem please help...i think its busted
Old 25th July 2006, 19:53   #2
F50
Senior - BHPian

Alright, I donno about the burning part but ....

1. Did you install it on your computer before connecting.
2. If you have a warranty card, log on to www.apple.com and search for your nearest service center and take it straight to them. They will take care about the rest.
3. Go through the Ipod Issues/Support on the same site.

Last edited by F50 : 25th July 2006 at 20:03.
Old 26th July 2006, 17:14   #3
BHPian

I'm also having a similar problem . My ipod shuffle gets heated up (a bit ) when i connect it to the usb port for charging n transferring songs. Also there is an option for the shuffle to be used as a data drive.So should it be installed in every computer that i connect it to ???
Old 26th July 2006, 17:58   #4
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
having problems with it uncle got an ipod sor my sister around a week ago its a 4gb one she transfered some songs to it and it worked so we tot of transfering more songs this time from my computer i connected the pod to my comp when windows logged in it dint recoginse it whem i held it in my hand it was burning hot so i tot there was something wrong i immediately disconnected the usb since then its not switching on what might be the problem please help...i think its busted
I dont know about the burning hot thing but my shuffle too gets heated...

Now the problem where it doesnt start..
If yhou dissconnected the ipod without it being updated fully it wont start,
You may be getting some light signals on starting it..
If yes connect it again and then let it update fully and then try..
About thr heating part if its getting moderately heated then its all right,but if you think theres a problem contact Apple..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks