Team-BHP - Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/15881-direct-home-television-india-update-dth-uhd-4k-now-available-141.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 3211787)
Yes best to call Airtel CC direct. Dish TV offers this reinstall free for certain subscribers (priority or something). Check if Airtel has such a scheme.

Just did some search and was able to get the required details from Airtel website.
The charges for uninstall is 125/- and re-install with the same old dish and STB is 250/- + 12/- per metre cable.

If for new dish and STB, its 600/-

I have decided to remove the dish myself and call up Airtel for re-installation. The same I did for Sun Direct too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3212025)
Just did some search and was able to get the required details from Airtel website.
The charges for uninstall is 125/- and re-install with the same old dish and STB is 250/- + 12/- per metre cable.

If for new dish and STB, its 600/-

I have decided to remove the dish myself and call up Airtel for re-installation. The same I did for Sun Direct too.

Removing is quite painful too, if the dish has been there for sometime. The legs and bolts etc are usually rusted. Sometimes it is in a risky place for you to reach, so watch out for that. I nearly fell from my terrace one day when I was cutting off branches of a tree that had grown in the line of sight of my dish... having said that, I would do it myself too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 3212187)
Removing is quite painful too, if the dish has been there for sometime. The legs and bolts etc are usually rusted. Sometimes it is in a risky place for you to reach, so watch out for that. I nearly fell from my terrace one day when I was cutting off branches of a tree that had grown in the line of sight of my dish... having said that, I would do it myself too :)

Here is the point. I first had Sun Direct fitted. For some reason, all of a sudden it stopped working. Calls to their CC heaped no result. So switched to Airtel. I used the same beam connected to the wall and just replaced the dish alone. So I have all the beam with proper screws brand new with me.

No, my terrace is very open and devoid of any trees and also the beam is fixed in the middle of the terrace on the parapet wall. I will try unscrewing, if not will remove the clamp and remove the rest.

Will update how it went. And thanks for your suggestions and concerns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3205782)
Called up TS customer care and even though it was Ramzan, the installation was done in two hours flat after calling. Called at 11:45hrs and the guy arrived at around 13:20 and he was done with his installation by 14:00. clap:

You are lucky my friend that you got TATA Sky installed in two hours. I wasted whole day today just to get TATA Sky installed in NOIDA. :deadhorse

Called customer care and ordered TATA Sky HD in the morning. Payment through credit card. I was informed by customer care executive that TATA Sky will be installed same day. Received SMS from TATA Sky confirming installation today by 4.30 pm. Unfortunately, nobody from TATA Sky came for installation. I called customer care 10 times. As usual, customer care executive was apologetic each time I called and reassured that installation will be done today. What an unprofessional approach. If you cannot deliver you should not promise. I would have ordered Airtel DTH but unfortunately I have already made payment to TATA Sky. Feeling cheated.

I have used Airtel DTH for over three years. Good services. As I like to explore and experiment, thought to go for TATA Sky this time. Very frustrating star of relationship with TATA Sky.

Videocon is the worst of all DTH when adding new channels. The Star sports 2 is available is my cable tv and Videocon is still not able to add this channel.

La Liga is a goner due to their delay.

Finally opted for TSHD+ Mega South HD annual pack after sitting on the fence for 1 year , Customer service guys were v.good in clearly all doubts and installation completed in 1.5 hrs after payment . even the installation was done properly and very happy with quality work done .The difference is immense compared to my old STB .have already recorded moto gp and couple of other programs and saves lot of time since you can skip all advts and finish viewing 1/2 hr slot in about 20 mins .

Had a multi-tv HD connection installed yesterday. The newer HD boxes are more compact, quicker and with USB ports that you can store and play from. The primary connection, my 1st HD box from Airtel, is about 2 years old and without trouble. Good job Airtel.

Can I shift a Sun Direct Kerala connection to Karnataka? What is the procedure for re installation? Does the channel list remain same?

Read an old post (2010) that its possible. Any recent updates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 3233980)
Can I shift a Sun Direct Kerala connection to Karnataka? What is the procedure for re installation? Does the channel list remain same?

Read an old post (2010) that its possible. Any recent updates?

From http://www.sundirect.in/faq-general.aspx

Quote:

Q. If one changes his residence or moves to some other city, can he continue to use the same STB and the Dish to receive SUN DIRECT?
A. Yes, please contact our call center for further assistance

I need some help in deciding the best DTH package as per the below requirements -

1. All English movie & entertainment (star world, axn etc.) channels needed
2. All Hindi channels needed (Sony, Colors, Star Plus etc.)
3. All Infotainment channels needed (Nat geo, Nat geo wild, Discovery etc.)
4. Rest everything is manageable, I mean one or two music channels missing, news channel missing is ok with me - basically I need all channels :P
5. I don't need HD channels as I currently have a 26" LCD tv, only SD channels for now

My monthly budget is not to exceed 450 for subscription (inclusive of taxes).

- Now I'm getting Airtel's Ultra pack at 430 per month, it has almost all channels that I need.

- Dish TV's Super Platinum at 400 per month, it has a couple of english entertainment channels missing like CBS Prime, CBS love etc. The Titanium pack is at 500 so that's a no

- Tata Sky's Mega pack at 5500 per annum (only if I pay the whole year amount at one go, else it becomes 500 a month). Unable to make out what other packages they have that'd fulfill my needs

For now Airtel seems to be the way to go, I live in Lajpat Nagar-1 area but what is surprising is that there isn't a single Airtel dish around. Its either Tata Sky or Dish.

Any comments?

Can you check Videocon for the same. The package is very attractive for the requirement you have mentioned and upgrading or adding another connection is as simple as it can be,

And i can actually say their customer service is pretty good for me. So far no matter when i called they have been able to respond immediately.

Went through the Videocon DTH website and their monthly packages are the most economical for someone wanting the 2nd best package (like me). However, what Dish offered me over phone sounded highly lucrative.

I pay 2449/- (installation + equipment, no other hidden charges) and get an SD Unlimited Recorder along with 750 rupees in account to recharge my monthly subscription pack which is Super Platinum, costing 400 per month. The only 5 channels it does not have is 2-3 sports channels, Discovery Kids and Zee Khana Khazana.

This seems to be the best offer for now. What say?

EDIT: Can someone tell me how much in advance I can set a program to be recorded while I'm away? Also, can I record simultaneously while watching another program? This is particularly for Dish TV SD Recorder.

Finally purchased Tata Sky connection at 2090 with 3 months of Grand Sports Pack (basically 95% of the channels) free. I got 3 months instead of the regular 2 because my organization was listed in the corporate discount offer, there are about 11 companies listed.

Now waiting for the installation guy to book a time and come over. Turn around Time mentioned on the website is between 4-5 days, lets see.

After a long wait of 3 years, TATA SKY finally added 19 Malayalam Channels (earlier only 4). clap:

Name:  mp.png
Views: 2863
Size:  73.2 KB

Mohanlal is their new brand ambassador:D

Name:  ml.png
Views: 891
Size:  165.5 KB

Note: The channels are available only for MPEG4 boxes

Cheers!

Vinu

Videocon DTH - No Start sports 2, no star world premiere (New channel to be launched).

Videocon has good service, good clarity and a good deal.

But lacks in adding new channels..