Team-BHP - Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/15881-direct-home-television-india-update-dth-uhd-4k-now-available-65.html)

Nice, just what I was waiting for, to throw away my cable connection.
The LCD and Home Theater will thank me now :)

The new HD settop box is not a DVR..i.e, recording/pause etc not avlbl. Seems TATA SKY+ features will not be avlbl as of now since the HD setop box is the normal one.

Good news. But I am slightly concerned about the pace at which content providers (channels) are moving to HD.

This is great news. Sadly I am stuck with DishTV. I wish DishTV introduced HD service too. Maybe i will send them a mail :) .

So existing Tata Sky subscribers get the new set top box free? And how much is that HD gold pack per month?

^^ I think the Tata Sky HD receiver is for 2599 and the Gold pack is free for a year for existing TS subscribers. Could be wrong though. Strange thing is they havent sent an SMS or shared it on the TS news.

Read in todays paper about the offer, rechecked in tata sky website and was there. The ad says 15 mts of HD cable will be given free along with free installation. I think I am going to call them for an offer;).

There are only two channels which are HD, i dont think it is the right time for an upgrade

no exchange for existing customers, then what we will do with existing SB?

But it has only 2 channels at present, discovery & NGC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 1938053)
This is great news. Sadly I am stuck with DishTV. I wish DishTV introduced HD service too. Maybe i will send them a mail :) .

Your wish has been heard. Check out today's TOI. Dish TV announces HD.:)

Existing Tata Sky subscribers do not get the HD set topbox free. They only get the HD gold pack free for a year provided they buy the new STB. They can use the old STB or surrender it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 1938619)
no exchange for existing customers, then what we will do with existing SB?

Maybe use it in the multi room setup ?

I spoke to the Tata sky help line and was told that at present the customer care does not have information of any offers for the existing customers. The HD STB will be lauched tomorrow officially in only three cities Mumbai, Delhi & Chennai . I dont think there is anything for existing customers as seen in FAQ pages on tatsky web site.:Frustrati
DTH India - Tata Sky Cost

Last when i called them they said when we launch HD will offer you free installation with exchange of your old STB, i have 2 connections and going to upgrade both as i am fed up with SD broadcast now.

They have this in their FAQ

"The current digicomp is an HD digicomp without the pause, record & rewind features. The HD service on a Tata Sky+ will follow later."

Dont know how much later.