Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2006, 21:11   #1
BHPian

Sony Headphones Unrepairable !?..?..

Guys..I have these Sony Headphones :
http://www.sonystyle.com/intershopro...650/MDRNC6.jpg

Well,the left speaker isn't working(completely dead)..so,I took the headphones to Sony World at Kemps Corner..and they told me "Sony Headphones aren't repairable" !!..I was surprised..I had bought these for like $60 around 1 year back from States.
I then took the Headphones to a local repair shop in a shopping center,where they called me after opening the set,that the speaker is conked off,and needs replacement,and when I inquired whethe they'll use Original stuff from Sony,they said "Try karte hai..woh mila toh original,nahinto some other brand"..
I wanna ask - any of you know about this "Non repairable policy" of Sony on their expensive headphones?..
Any suggestions - like any alternate places/service center where I should take it to?..
The noise cancellation thing is working fine..only the speaker is totally dead..
The Sony Website of my headphone model is

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ductSKU=MDRNC6

Cheers,
-sr
Old 4th October 2006, 09:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

One of my headphones is a XD200.

IN North America Sony has a policy where if anything happens to the headphones in 1 year the consumer gets a new product.

Most of the times headphones are not repairable. Take this as an opportunity to get new headphones. Look at Sennheisers, Grado or Bose.
Old 5th October 2006, 00:07   #3
BHPian

[quote=srasania]I then took the Headphones to a local repair shop in a shopping center.....

I dont think that you will be getting what you pay for there, as in most cases. Try Sony world @ marine drive.

az
Old 5th October 2006, 05:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Or just take it to the sony service centre in andheri. deal with them directly. one of the engineers there might even do it privately for you if sony doesnt repair it
Old 5th October 2006, 13:04   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

but the point is, Sony dont officially support repairs of stuff like headphones....

So, if the engineer in the Andheri service centre does something, it may not be original Sony parts....

If you are going to the US sometime soon or have a friend/relative coming from there, get a pair of Grados or Sennies.... Dont settle for anything less

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks