Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2006, 23:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Home theater under $220

I need help in buying a 5.1 channel home theater with an external amplifier (no dvd player ) for less than 220 USD.
I am looking for bass over the vocals and treble. It will be used in a relatively small room (15feet by 15feet)

PLEASE SUGGEST
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 8th November 2006, 23:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

The budget specified is for speakers alone.. or for speakers and AV receiver, like a home theater in a box (HTiB), or do you want a display device also? In which case, do you want some seats, an usher and a popcorn machine too?

You'll get very retarded HTiBs at your budget. Do consider a slight revision of budget.
Old 9th November 2006, 01:14   #3
BHPian

Try the basic Onkyo model.... It doesn't have a DVD player though. Should be in the $250 range
Old 9th November 2006, 12:10   #4
BHPian

Your best bet would be to go for either LG or SAMSUNG. LASt i had seen they did have some models in that range in Australia, should have em in the States too.
Old 9th November 2006, 14:31   #5
BHPian

Cool dude:
I would suggest, you should spend on a good receiver 7.1 capable one and then buy a basic 5.1 speaker system. Once you have some more budget, trade in the 5.1 speakers to 7.1 and get cracking.

If you like bass go for Active or Powered woofer. I would suggest Onkyo as you get it to India and also get good service here.

Check http://www.onkyousa.com

I am giving basic suggestion here, what model etc etc needs to be discussed in detail, give more info on your budget, your future plan, what will you be connecting (ipod, xm etc ), is it just for this room or you will hook two speakers in your bedroom...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks