Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 01:23   #1
Team-BHP Support

Sony Ericsson owners, please suggest...

I went out and picked up a SE k750i today evening. Mainly because I loved its camera which provides infinitesimally brilliant ideas and possibilities.

I picked it up from one of the bigger mobile dealers in Hyderabad. I took it from the Cell World at Ameerpet (its a multibrand, huge showroom). However after coming home I realized two things.
  • I had asked him to stamp the guarantee card. However the dealer just stamped on the last blank page of the owner's manual. Basically there is no guarantee card with the phone. Howzzat!
  • More intriguingly, when I took out the charger to charge the battery I realized that the pins are flat pins, a la those used in US and elsewhere.
A closer inspection of the box also made me realize that nowhere on the box of the document is an official importer of the item mentioned. SE India also does not find a mention anywhere...

Now, is it possible that the dealer actually dumped a smuggled piece on me?! How are the chargers that you people got. Did they have rounded pins? Did you get a guarantee card with the phone?

Last edited by Zappo : 9th December 2006 at 01:25.
Old 9th December 2006, 01:44   #2
BHPian

All SE phone come with a sticker saying they were imported by Salora International (at least they used to). And there's no way you should get a flat pin charger. Did you take a sealed box?
Old 9th December 2006, 02:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

ahh doubt it makes a difference nowdays....just be happy that the phone doesnt hang.....but sometimes the box has flat pin chargers....sometimes round one...probably coming from diff parts of the world.the g-card that you should have got with the phone.you can go back and demand for 1.
Old 9th December 2006, 03:12   #4
BHPian

seems like you were tricked by the so called 'dealer'. he should stamp the warranty card and not a blank page in the owners manual.
Old 9th December 2006, 11:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Zappo - go back & demand a replacement, he's given you a grey import piece for the price of a warrantied officially Imported one. You do have the payment receipt on you right?? That's very important.

If he does any dilly-dallying don't hesitate to approach SE India, they'll be more than happy to help you out in this situation since they themselves want to get rid of grey imports.
Old 10th December 2006, 00:54   #6
BHPian

Zappo : All SE phones are impoted and distributed in india by Salora international and they 've a sticker on the box too ...
since the sticker is not there it could be a grey market piece but the best way to confirm is that before you go to your dealer ,go to an authorized SE service center and ask them to tell you whether their system is accepting the IMEI no. (that is there on your box) and whether they 'll provide the warranty for this piece .. if the systems accepts the IMEI no. ,then it is not a grey market piece , if it doesnt then ask them to give you the same in writing on the job sheet and show it to your dealer and tell him to replace the piece with a genuine handset .
Old 10th December 2006, 12:45   #7
BHPian

Sorry brothers, SE phones in India are imported by 2 vendors from last year 1) Salora 2)Ingram-Micro..! Many phones sold now are coming from Ingram, Since I bought two phones last week and both came sealed with CAI Stickers and Ingram Micro Stickers. ( Cellular Association Of India). If none stickers were present, chances are that you bought a Grey Market phone. Because the importers address, India Specific Warranty card and CAI Stickers are labeled on the box.
All New SE phones( Post 2005) are in standard Fast Pin setup, and all old se phones like K 700,P 900,T-610,Z 600,T-230 and so were all Old 2 pin setup..I'm not sure what you mean by rounded pins.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 10th December 2006 at 12:47.
Old 10th December 2006, 18:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
SE phones in India are imported by 2 vendors from last year 1) Salora 2)Ingram-Micro..! Many phones sold now are coming from Ingram, Since I bought two phones last week and both came sealed with CAI Stickers and Ingram Micro Stickers. ( Cellular Association Of India)..
I bought a SE P990i just a 4 weeks back,and the box had Ingram Micro as well as CAI holograms/stickers..along with official MRP sticker..
There also was an India SE warranty card inside the box,which the dealer signed/stamped..and yeah - an official bill for the product as well was given.
So,I guess your shop gave you a brand new grey market piece..specially since you didn't get the SE warranty card and also there were no importers stickers/holograms on the product box..get it replaced..if the dealer refuses,approach SE India via email.
-sr
Old 11th December 2006, 03:53   #9

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well i bought a k790i a week back from sony world.the importes's name as mentioned on the box is "sony india pvt ltd".and just checked the dealer hasnt stamped the warranty card as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks