Team-BHP - The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/19585-tv-thread-lcd-led-etc-105.html)

Srini: Thanks for the advise. Th Samsung 26 was at 19k and that prompted me to think. I think you have a valid point, will ditch lcd for bedroom for now and look at it when I have enough cash for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1009727)
Srini: Thanks for the advise. Th Samsung 26 was at 19k and that prompted me to think. I think you have a valid point, will ditch lcd for bedroom for now and look at it when I have enough cash for the same.

Where are you getting Samsung 26 for 19K, I am going to buy Samsung 22 inch for 15.5 K, If it is available for 19K I would go for it, but the current price for 26 is 26.5K

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 1009767)
Where are you getting Samsung 26 for 19K, I am going to buy Samsung 22 inch for 15.5 K, If it is available for 19K I would go for it, but the current price for 26 is 26.5K

Thats what Vasanth and Co told in exchange of 29inch Onida Colour TV with remote. It was some Vijayadasami offer or something...

Got a call from Modern World Bangalore, the sales person informed that the Panasonic PV8 has been re-priced at 52K and the PV80 has been re-priced at 60K. At Koramangala also the PV8 price was quoted as 52K

Got a call from Modern World, Bangalore, Panasonic PV8 has been re-priced to 52K and PV80 to 60K, Koramangala Panny shop has also repriced PV8 to 52K

Hi,
Yesterday saw PV7 selling for 32K at Croma Vashi (Navi Mumbai) and PV70 for 44K.
Seems to be a great deal for anyone looking for maximum VFM without compromising on quality.
Next best deal I saw was 49.99K for PV8 at King's Electronics Nerul.

Which PV7 is 32k, I am not able to find in the website

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1013361)
Which PV7 is 32k, I am not able to find in the website

Panasonic plasma PV7. And its in exchange for 29" TV.
You wont find it on the website since its a discontinued model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anuragn (Post 1013461)
Panasonic plasma PV7. And its in exchange for 29" TV.
You wont find it on the website since its a discontinued model.

Thanks Anurag. Any details on the Spec and also is it worth to go for a discontinued model?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1013558)
Thanks Anurag. Any details on the Spec and also is it worth to go for a discontinued model?

the pv7 is a complete vfm at that price, my grandparents have one and its working like a charm, no issues at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix (Post 1013832)
the pv7 is a complete vfm at that price, my grandparents have one and its working like a charm, no issues at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 995603)
Btw, Panasonic 42 PV7's are selling cheap. Stock clearance I guess.

My brother got one for 45K from eZone + 1.5m HDMI cable free. And it's not the demo piece.

I bought a Philips 32" LCD a week ago. I am not happy as it runs on Tatasky. Now for my own room I need a 42" Plasma. And I got a BIG TV connection in advance.:D
So is Croma overstating?

Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1014894)
  • is 42" ok for 11 feet viewing distance?
  • Is the PV7 a good deal?
  • They said the contrast ratio is not as good as PV8
  • Also is the PV7 having any protection against screen burn?

42 inch is perfect for 11 feet though you can even try a 50 inch. Bigger is always better in flat TVs. Remember flats are 16:9 compared with 4:3 for conventional CRTs.

PV7 is definitely a good deal at the prices (<35-40K) people are quoting. In this tech world, PV8 is better than PV7 just as Pv9 or 10 would be better than PV7.

Screen burn is not an issue anymore in plasmas but is used as a de-marketing scare tactic by LCD manufacturers. This is the case even without a plasma having a screen saver (Pioneer has one which protects from screen burn). Bottomline: screenburn is not an issue, even without a screensaver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 1014988)
42 inch is perfect for 11 feet though you can even try a 50 inch. Bigger is always better in flat TVs. Remember flats are 16:9 compared with 4:3 for conventional CRTs.

PV7 is definitely a good deal at the prices (<35-40K) people are quoting. In this tech world, PV8 is better than PV7 just as Pv9 or 10 would be better than PV7.

Screen burn is not an issue anymore in plasmas but is used as a de-marketing scare tactic by LCD manufacturers. This is the case even without a plasma having a screen saver (Pioneer has one which protects from screen burn). Bottomline: screenburn is not an issue, even without a screensaver.

Having been unsatisfied with the LCD I bought, its plasma for me.

But where can I get the best deal in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1015795)
Having been unsatisfied with the LCD I bought, its plasma for me.

But where can I get the best deal in Bangalore?

We are planning to buy Panasonic Plasma. Mostly probably PV80. We are now a group of 3 and are planning to bargain with a couple of shops for the best possible price. kvenkatt is co-ordinating the same. Send him an IM.

I had compared both PV7 and PV8/80 side by side in a pana showroom. Could not find any difference in normal viewing. However in PV8/80 the picture was quite visible at extreme angles (around 170 degrees) whereas in PV7 it was quite bleak beyond certain angles.

csenthil/kvenkatt, I am also interested in getting the PV80 in Bangalore. Please include me in your group. Also let me know the best prices you have been quoted so far. For me, so far it is 60k from ModernWorld for TV alone and 61k from K'mangala Pana showroom with free Pana 1.5m HDMI cable.