Team-BHP - The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/19585-tv-thread-lcd-led-etc-555.html)

Thanks, lamborghini!

I did order a H40K311 (Full HD Smart) from Flipkart on Thursday night after our TV refused to stay on for more than 10 seconds, and the ladies in the house started getting antsy :)

I had the confidence to order it based on your feedback; thank you!!

Didn't care about Smart, but this model seemed to have everything I wanted and had good ratings, so took the plunge. It comes standard with 3 year warranty. Due to receive it today, with installation also scheduled for today. Some on FK have got broken / problematic Vus, keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience.

Prices at brick and mortar stores are not too far off right now, with new year / Pongal discounts and all as compared to Flipkart etc. If online price is lower and we show it to them, then they match the price at Reliance Digital or Chroma. This is the experience of my friends.

Hi has anyone looked at Vu 65 inch 4K model ltdn65xt800xwau3d, seems to be great price on flipkart. Pl let me know if anyone has reviewed this TV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplog (Post 4130880)
Is there any full HDTV available in Indian Market which has Amazon Prime Video app ?
Currently torn between Sony Bravia and LG. In the market for 32 inch Full HD TV. Why not bigger TV ? - distance from the sofa!!

I too am o the look out for the same happened to check Reliance Digital showroom in one of the malls. They had the K4300, 32" which had the prime app. Price around 32K. it is HD ready, the next model 5 series is around 38K.
I am considering the K4300 to replace my first Samsung 26" LCD which is around 10 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTeacher (Post 4131647)
I did order a Vu H40K311 (Full HD Smart) from Flipkart on Thursday night.

Installed and working Saturday at 12:30 pm! Since the pic looked crummy with the composite video feed from the Tata Sky SD set top box, called Tata Sky, and presto, within an hour a guy showed up with an HD set top box and an HDMI cable (he was already in my flat complex for some other issue, and I guess they always have a couple of extra STBs with them)!

Janta at home is very happy, and so am I with the speed at which things happened. PQ is quite good for us, since we upshifted from an SD TV. I was afraid the sound would be too weak, but it's definitely loud enough. Down the road may think of getting a decent soundbar to improve AQ.

If anybody has suggestions on the soundbar, please let me know. LG LH70B (5k street) and Philips HTL2163B/12 (10k street) seem to be good. Don't want to spend more. Thanks.

After checking out the threads and research I have zeroed in on a Sony X85D 4K HDR with Android TV. The price quoted after negotiation is 1.5L with nothing extra and standard 1 year warranty. Any opinions?

Anyone has any idea about how to install Amazon Prime Video on Samsung Curved Smart TV?

Any other way to stream it to TV if the app is not available on Samsung Store? Currently use an iPhone 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4132055)
Anyone has any idea about how to install Amazon Prime Video on Samsung Curved Smart TV?

Any other way to stream it to TV if the app is not available on Samsung Store? Currently use an iPhone 6.

You yourself have answerd the question. If it is there on Samsung store, then you can install it.
Else, you need to use a device like chromecast or similar to attach to the tv. I hope amazon video is compatible with chromecast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4132055)

It's available on the Samsung App Store. Now only if Hotstar joined the bandwagon, then we're set!clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro (Post 4133866)
It's available on the Samsung App Store. Now only if Hotstar joined the bandwagon, then we're set!clap:

Really? I just checked. Still don't see any app from amazon. Attaching pic for reference.

Could tell me step by step on how to go about it? Thanks!

Currently have a stone age Sony 21" CRT that turns 10 this November. Am looking to semi-retire as the primary TV as its a hassle with my current requirements.

My primary requirements:
- Plex streaming over wifi/Ethernet. This is mandatory. 95% of my usage is here. Using Chromecast, Apple TV streaming is getting to be a pain. So native Plex app is welcome.
- A HD STB for occasional usage.
- Would need to use with 2 bluetooth speakers. I think this can be workaround by plugging in a A2D converter and bluetooth audio transmitter to the TV.
- Occasional Youtube usage.

I had cursory look at the Sony Android TV 43", at 70K am not sure it is worth paying that much for the usage am looking. Moreover I'd also shell some amount on a NAS drive to make my content not requiring my computer on all the time.

Any suggestions?

Also, is it possible to hookup Chromecast, Apple TV with an old TV?

I've bought a Micromax 43" LED TV for my mums room. It's a "non-smart" full HD TV for which I've ordered for a Chromecast 2 from Flipkart since her primary usage will be watching YouTube.

Now I'm looking for better alternatives than Chromecast, so I can also download & play movies (so it should have a little internal storage).

I'm considering buying MiBox 3 Pro 3S from Ali Express. It costs just 2.5k more, but has a decent number of features. But, I don't want to / can't play 4K videos. Any alternatives ?

I'm looking for suggestions, please help I've become a n00b at this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 4134741)
I've bought a Micromax 43" LED TV for my mums room. It's a "non-smart" full HD TV for which I've ordered for a Chromecast 2 from Flipkart since her primary usage will be watching YouTube.

Now I'm looking for better alternatives than Chromecast, so I can also download & play movies (so it should have a little internal storage).

I'm considering buying MiBox 3 Pro 3S from Ali Express. It costs just 2.5k more, but has a decent number of features. But, I don't want to / can't play 4K videos. Any alternatives ?

I'm looking for suggestions, please help I've become a n00b at this!

Roku 3 player / Roku streaming stick 3600 is a good alternative to Chromecast 2. Although it does not cast everything from mobile / tablets. The streaming content itself offers a wide variety and is much better than Chromecast.

Regards,
Mateen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4133928)
Really? I just checked. Still don't see any app from amazon. Attaching pic for reference.

Could tell me step by step on how to go about it? Thanks!

Did you try searching for it? Took me a while finding mine too!

A cousin bought a Sanyo LED TV. On the carton box one of the salient features written is "Bright Panel". Is there something definitely positive and latest tech about a bright panel? I for one do not like very bright screen but maybe I am missing something here.