Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 10:53   #1

N70 not connecting to computer

I've got a nokia N70 and yesterday the PC suite said that a new version of the suite was available..So i updated to the new version.But when i tried to install it, i got an error saying that one of the installation files was corrupted.I then reinstalled the older version using the CD.But the problem is, the phone isnt connecting to the PC anymore.When i click on "get connected",it doesnt go beyond the "attach your phone to the computer" screen.I tried reinstalling PC suite again, but that didnt help.Any idea whats wrong?
Old 12th March 2007, 14:14   #2
BHPian

Hi,

You try this way.

Since you already installed the PC suite, make sure that all the components which is required are already installed.

Connect the phone USB to the computer

Restart the computer and then open the PC suite.

If it's not connecting then go to My computer and click on the USB icon and explore option to find out wether the USB is connected properly or not.
Old 12th March 2007, 14:20   #3
BHPian

if you cannot see removable device in my computer. It might be the case that USB cable is faulty.
Old 12th March 2007, 16:22   #4
Team-BHP Support

just restart your phone and your comp.. then check that the cable is connected properly and then conenct your phone. it will install some drivers and then be ready to use.
Old 12th March 2007, 17:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ok i am a N70 owner and have this problem 2 times. First uninstall the older PC suite. The new one is much better and is fast too.

Install the new one connect your phone. If the phone still doesn't shows up go to Windows Control Panel and switch to classic view. There you will see a option nokia connection manager. Double click on it and you will see options like Bluetooth, Infrared, Serial Cable and USB. Check Serial cable and USB if unchecked. Unplug the phone Restart your computer.

After restrating the computer plug in the phone again. If still it doesn't work. Open nokia PC suite and click on "Get Connected" and it will try to connect your phone and will try to install pc suite support onto your phone.

If this also does not help please let us know.
Old 12th March 2007, 17:23   #6
BHPian

same thing happening to my n73 also
I am sick of these phone now, hangs almost daily
nokia needs to introduce the new firmware soon to save their n series
Old 12th March 2007, 18:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well in past 1 year my phone has only hanged 3 or 4 times that too because of software named FExplorer coz i was using old version and it's restart phone feature was not compatible with my phone. and once it fell down from 15 feet stairs at my friend house and one time i was just fiddling around with system files.

To keep your N series phone running smooth and no hangs i recommend.

1. Close all applications by Exit and not by that red button.

2. Get a free software named AppMan and if your phone is working a bit slow than usual then open up the AppMan and close the applications which are running in background and eating resources. Most of the time i have Contacts and Log opened. Dunno why ? I close them with exit option they are still open..

3. Install themes on phone memory, and save contacts and messages on phone memory. Use Memory card for Games, Pics and installing apps. I have like 1500 messages and my inbox take like 7 secs to open up and i have it on memory card. Where as my phone memory have like 380 messages and it takes like 1 - 2 secs to open up.

Only use games and softwares which work for Nseries. I have tried installing some java games which were for k750i and they hanged my phone thanks to the bigger RAM memory i don't have to restart the phone i closed them by menu option.

N series Camera and Gallery will always be slow. Till now i have not found any remedy for it. Gallery is slow if you have too many pics and videos as it generates 3 different thumbnails.

Hope this helps
Old 12th March 2007, 19:00   #8
BHPian

mine is the new music edition with music player always running in the background
i havent installed any apps or games and the phone is completely "stock"
aza is also facing the same problem
Old 12th March 2007, 19:20   #9
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I've faced the same "not connecting" problem with N73ME, it just happens occasionally on its own. Try disconnecting your USB cable from the computer and connecting it back. You could uninstall both the PC SUITE versions (new and old) from the computer and clean your registry using a reg cleaner. Once everything is clean you can do a free install of the newer PC SUITE.

Abhi : Yep you are right i've all that too. I've noticed onething if i open my camera cover when the phone is in PAGER mode and shoot a video the phone will hang. Also the amazing 3D tones makes the phone hang. But whatever it is i like the phone it has an amazing web browser and the camera is awesome too.
Old 12th March 2007, 20:59   #10

update:i downloaded the latest version of pc suite again...and now when i click on "get connected", it says "there is no available connection type and therefore connection to phone cannot be established".
So then i sat on the net for 2 hours and tried to find a solution.Didnt get one.Tried using the nokia cleaner thingy.Didnt work.Tried cleaning my registry.Didnt work.So,then i racked my brains and came up with this most wonderful solution.....I restored the bloody computer to an earlier date!Installed pcsuite(the old one) again,and its working fine.Now every time it asks me to update,i abuse the nokia engineers and their families and close the bubble.
Old 13th March 2007, 20:58   #11
Team-BHP Support

abhibh - never install anything on the phone memory including messages unless it is necessary.

har - update your firmware. check your firmware by pressing *#0000# and type your firmware here.

i have the same not connecting problem with my n73. what i do is i take out the plug and push it in slightly at a downwards slant into the pop port.
Old 6th March 2008, 13:14   #12
BHPian

I have a nokia 6630
Is it possible to connect the phone via bluetooth?
I have lost my data cable and downloaded nokia pc suite off the web.
1. I clicked the 'click here to connect a phone" option
2. It asks me to select a connection type and I selected bluetooth
3. It gives an error message: "Cannot use the connection type. check that all the needed hardware, software and drivers are available.

Could someone please tell me how I can get around this?..thanks
Old 6th March 2008, 13:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Are you using a desktop PC or a laptop? If a desktop PC, you need to buy one of those Bluetooth USB dongles. On the other hand, a laptop just might have BT built-in; if not, you need to get that BT dongle.

Install (on the PC/laptop) the software that comes with the dongle. Check if the phone is being sensed from the PC (your mobile should be in Discovery mode - there is a setting for that); if so, do "pairing".

Once that is done, Nokia PC Suite should be able to sense the presence of your mobile and connect.
Old 6th March 2008, 14:57   #14
BHPian

I am using it on a Sony vaio that has a built in bluetooth thing. It is not able to detect the phone at all. I checked the setting on the nokia to make sure it is 'visible' to all devices. What do I do now?

Do I have to install some extra drivers?

Last edited by aah78 : 6th March 2008 at 22:14. Reason: Posts merged
Old 6th March 2008, 15:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
I am using it on a Sony vaio that has a built in bluetooth thing. It is not able to detect the phone at all. I checked the setting on the nokia to make sure it is 'visible' to all devices. What do I do now?
Is your bluetooth setting in laptop correct.And also test if BT drivers are installed in laptop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks