Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 13:22   #1
BHPian

Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services

Apple is scheduled to launch its Apple One Service Offering in India today, 30-Oct.

Quote:
Apple One, the bundle of Apple Inc's paid online services, will launch on Friday, Chief Executive Tim Cook told informed in an interview to Reuters. The Apple One bundle combines Apple's news, music, video and cloud storage offerings, putting it in fiercer competition with music rivals such as Spotify Technology SA and television content rivals Netflix Inc , Walt Disney Co and AT&T Inc's HBO
Link

Pricing in India for different plans is:
Individual - Rs. 195/ month
Family - Rs. 365/ month

Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services-apple-plans.jpg

Pity the premier plan with Apple News+ is missing. That alone was worth the subscription.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 13:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Apple is scheduled to launch its Apple One Service Offering in India today, 30-Oct.
I thought about it as well but then realized, it doesn't really make THAT much sense unless you need a lot of space.

Apple Music: 99/month (individual) | 149/month (family)
Apple TV+: 99/month | 999/yearly | 83/month pro-rated if you buy the yearly plan

So, effectively, you could pay 232/month for a family Music plan and TV+.

It is only if you need the additional space (otherwise 75/month for 50GB or 219/month for 200GB) that the One plan is worthwhile.

Quote:
Pity the premier plan with Apple News+ is missing. That alone was worth the subscription.
If News+ was in the bundle, the Premier plan would have also been significantly more pricy. In the US, it's $10/month more for 1TB vs 200GB data, News+, and Arcade.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 14:22   #3
BHPian

re: Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services

I’ll be getting Apple One the moment it’s available. I pay ₹149 for Apple Music family play and ₹219 for 200GB iCloud for my family. That’s ₹368/mo. With the new subscription I’ll pay ₹365 for all four services. That’s totally worth it for me.

However, the Premier plan is the one I want just for 2TB iCloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
In the US, it's $10/month more for 1TB vs 200GB data, News+, and Arcade.
It’s 2TB iCloud in the top-most plan right?
Crow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 23:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services

Just signed up for the service with the family option @365/month. Will take it for a test drive this month. I normally subscribe to only Apple Music individual and iCloud 200 GB.
Old 2nd November 2020, 09:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services

It makes good sense for me. I have individually subscribed to all the services, so will save 50 bucks a month! Also, easier to manage in one shot.
Old 3rd November 2020, 07:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Apple One: Apple's subscription bundle of news, music & services

I have been subscribing to Apple Music for many years now, and recently added subscription of Apple TV+ too. But to be honest, there isnt much content on Apple TV+ and you still have to pay for a lot of movies. And in any case Apple does not have a great movie collection either. So I was about to discontinue my Apple TV+ subscription when Apple one got launched, so I opted for the family membership since we watch content thru Apple TV anyway. Plus the new series Teheran on Apple TV+ is quite good, but Apple really needs to get much more content if they want to retain or even acquire new ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks