Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 16:01   #1
BHPian

DTS Sampler discs... anyone?

I am trying to get hold of the dts demo (sampler) discs. I dont think they are available for sale. Its only available for pros and companies, which is quite a shame since the discs are really good. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

Thanks
Old 5th April 2007, 16:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello

I have quite a few. I'll burn them for you of you like. But you'll have to wait till I have the time.
Old 5th April 2007, 16:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have quite a few.
I Also need one
Old 5th April 2007, 16:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

I have quite a few. I'll burn them for you of you like. But you'll have to wait till I have the time.
Wow!...thanks a lot sam ...!! no hurry..... cheers:
Old 6th April 2007, 00:47   #5
BHPian

=

Quote:
Hello

Hey Bro Sam,

Good to know that you have DTS sample CDs. Infact,I have been looking for them as well after listening to them at Pro Acoustics,Delhi (autho.Marantz & MS & Boston speakers distributor)..Can I also benefit from your generosity PLEASE & get DTS music from you. As I am planning to buy a home theatre system soon (I'll be asking for views & help in the thread on home theatre), it will be really nice to listent to some good DTS stuff..By the way what all DTS music you have..I would love to know. But ofcourse will wait for you to return fm Malaysia GP. Can the DTS disc be burned in the same manner as conventional disc or is there a different way & writer for it..pls enlighten..

Thanks & Cheers
Ash
Old 6th April 2007, 09:35   #6
BHPian

^^ DTS discs can be burned the same way as a DVD, but it would depend on the size of the disc whether a single layered or dual layered disc has to be used. I had a DTS Sampler ver 9.0 and it was about 9 Gb. To burn that you need a dual layered DVD disc which I am not quite sure where to get it as it costs around 200 bucks in the grey market and are not that reliable (since grey market).
The discs that I am talking about have movie clips/music vids/etc but all pure DTS pleasure.
Old 6th April 2007, 12:05   #7
BHPian

Hi Kalpeshc,

So one need a dual layere DVD (any brand available??) is there a name/nomenclature for such disc..The DTS stuff is so good it makes you wonder why the rest of the content (movie/music) is not on DTS mode..

More info on the subject of DTS: coding/encoding,recording ability/mode ,availability of content (shops/outlets) will be welcome..
Old 9th April 2007, 10:37   #8
BHPian

Dual layered only if content is more than 4.5 Gb. Not quite sure about which is a better quality disc, but heard that Verbatim is quite good if bought from reliable source.
You should be able to get DTS music from Planet M. I am sure about movies, there are a LOT of movies in DTS, but very few music CDs yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks