Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 16:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore

My friend had sent his i pad to me to get the display changed since the same was broken after a fall. Upon recommendation by one of my friends(he got his i phone repaired earlier with them) I availed the service of i Fix Fast. https://ifixfast.in/.

They do door step service and two technicians came home and got the display replaced. They charged me ₹10,300. Next day I observed they had not glued it properly and some circuitry were jutting out of the device. Called them up and next day the guy came and fixed it. The device worked fine and I have sent it to my friend back in Kerala. After few days of usage, the screen started flickering. I tried to reach out to the earlier number I was interacting with but to no avail. The number was switched off and the messages via Whats app wasn't getting delivered either. I dialled the technician but he didn't answer the call either. I went back to their website and realised it's a new customer care number they've listed and upon calling them the gentleman at the other end told me the earlier franchise was closed and that new people have taken over. I narrated the issue and he initially tried to wash his hands off saying he can't own up the responsibility of works carried out by previous owner and upon insisting agreed to replace the display. They had mentioned 3 months warranty in the bill and had to push them to honour the warranty. The bill provided was a made up bill too as it didn't have GST number etc. Then their technician came home and while removing the display broke the touch screen digitizer and went back saying he'll bring the part the next day and fix it. Then I had to make umpteen follow ups and finally same guy came today and fixed the same but the device was not getting switched on and after much fiddling he powered the device and the display has been changed too. He said the battery wasn't connected properly and hence it wasn't switching on. Before that he was hurrying up to leave after suggesting me to put it on charge for 2 hours and only then it would work. I didn't allow him to leave which forced him to troubleshoot further. Now fingers crossed on how the device would fare.

End of it, they demanded 1600 rs saying the part was 3500 but 'giving' it to me for 1000 rs and another 600 rs for technician's visit. I refused to pay it citing the warranty mentioned in their website and in the bill. Finally after few heated phone calls and exchanges over Whats app they budged and on a sarcastic tone said " Sir, you don't need to pay". I offered to pay 500 rs though it wasn't needed as per their terms and conditions.

I'm sharing my bad experience here to caution members to stay away from these guys. I find them quite incompetent and unprofessional. Besides, one should demand a proper repair bill for such transactions. It would help matters if we're to approach consumer redressal forums with proper documents and proof.

Few pictures below.
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore-20210208_155636.jpg  

Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore-20210208_155414.jpg  

Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore-screenshot_20210224162052_drive.jpg  

Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore-screenshot_20210224162706_samsung-internet.jpg  

Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore-20210224_150435.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 24th February 2021 at 16:42.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 21:08   #2
BHPian

re: Pathetic service by iFixFast smartphone repair service, Bangalore

For third party repairs of iOS devices, I'd recommend http://www.axiomindiatech.com/
I've had good experience with their Kammanahalli branch.

In fact one of the Apple care personnel directed me to this place for my 5s since Apple did not have the required spares for this model.
sanjaykk is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks