Team-BHP - Which earphones?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Which earphones? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/24367-earphones.html)

Hey Guys,

Need your help on this one. My sister is in US and she will be coming back in august, so I wanted her to get me some nice earphones. I was thinking on shure e2c as it costs about $100. But, since she is coming in august, can I expect to get shure e3c under $100. Or if you guys can suggest better alternatives, please do so. Two conditions are, within $100 and real good sound. Thanks a lot in advance.

whats the source ? portable audio viz. ipods etc ?, what kind of music and type of headphones you prefer

Ipods n mp3 players or even my treo 650. Music would be rock, mostly classic. I would prefer earphones than headphones..Need them when I am out on my bike

Shure e3c's are good and you might want to wait for another month or so. Keep checking online deals. Ultimate ears is also an excellent brand for in ear monitors. I use Ultimate ears super fi 5 pro that cost $250. That I got them for $80 is another story altogether :). I am having some problem with the fit though and haven't had the time to find the right combination of ear buds.. so you might want to make sure you are comfortable with IEMs

Mayank, it would be really awesome if you can tell us how you got them for $80, some tips n tricks would help me and others trying to get a good deal. [:)]. And regarding the right fit, I have all the patience and the time, I wouldnt mind trying all the possible combinations.

You can also try Westone UM1, Shure E2G and Boss TriPort IE all are around 100$ and value for money earphones.

cheers
Hellcat

Hellcat, I just came across I series by shure. I think that suits me the best, because I can use them with my Treo 650 and also my mp3 player. Thanks a lot for the info. But, I am not too sure about Bose, as I havent found any convincing review on the net for bose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat (Post 448157)
You can also try Westone UM1, Shure E2G and Boss TriPort IE all are around 100$ and value for money earphones.

cheers
Hellcat

is it BOSS or Bose....if it is bose then drop them......look for sennheiser instead....

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 448220)
is it BOSS or Bose....if it is bose then drop them......look for sennheiser instead....

Ye, he means Bose. Sennheiser, but guess they don't have any noise isolation on their list within $100-$150. Let me do some research on them too..

Try this website for your research EarphoneSolutions.com

wont the Shure E2c's which are essentially canalphones , block out a lot of external sound and he would be on a bike, wouldnt that be dangerous ?

If you are looking for IEMs, look no further than Altec Lansing IM716. Its actually a slightly modified Etymotic ER4S but at a ridiculously low price of ~100$.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinetik (Post 449012)
wont the Shure E2c's which are essentially canalphones , block out a lot of external sound and he would be on a bike, wouldnt that be dangerous ?

I think so too. IE phones are not suited for use while driving/riding. IMHO its the same for any earphones.

Please do not even dream of driving/riding with IEMs plugged into your ears

Yep..Got that I was reading through other sites about IEM. I wouldnt wear them when I am out on bike, but yes, need them at office where I can block out my boss's voice... [:D]