Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2023, 09:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Excitel Broadband - Reviews & Recommendations

I am evaluating if I should move to Excitel as my Broadband provider in Bangalore. Did not see any dedicated thread for this Broadband provider - they seem to offer attractive options.

Link: https://www.excitel.com/

The graphic below shows the key plans that they have on offer:
Excitel Broadband - Reviews & Recommendations-excitelplans.png

For the Higher Speed Plan of 400 mbps only - they are offering Bundled TV via PlayBoxTV App (https://playboxtv.in/).

Their plans are undercutting the major players such as Jio/ACT/airtel from what is shown above (Note: prices are exclusive of GST and that needs to be added)

Requesting people with experience with this Broadband provider to share their good and bad experiences.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 19th November 2023 at 09:27.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 10:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Excitel Broadband - Reviews & Recommendations

In Noida, I used the service for about 5 months, and my experience was generally poor. While it worked well at times, dealing with issues was frustrating. The app's UI was okay, but raising support tickets proved useless, and the connection was unpredictable with frequent daily drops. I don't recall a single Zoom call without interruptions. The support staff's efforts in the backend didn't yield improvements despite whatever they told me they did. When I requested termination for my security deposit, there was no communication for months, and I had to personally visit their office multiple times for resolution. Others in my society also complained about downtime, leading many to switch to Jio or Airtel. I can't recommend them; in Bangalore, you might consider ACT based on my positive experience there. Ask neighbors for guidance, they generally know better.
Old 19th November 2023, 12:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The graphic below shows the key plans that they have on offer:
Attachment 2533029

Their plans are undercutting the major players such as Jio/ACT/airtel from what is shown above (Note: prices are exclusive of GST and that needs to be added)
What?? 500/- + GST for a 6 months plan @ 200 mbps? Is this for real?

I’m paying 4100/- + GST for 6 months @ just 150 mbps in Goa; service provider is Ethernet Express.

Fibre plans in Bangalore are so damn cheap!
Old 19th November 2023, 15:52   #4

So, the thing with providers such as Excitel boils down to the LCO in your region. I have been using their services for the past 7 years and I opt for the annual 300 mbps subscription here in Delhi. There was a frequent disconnection issue during the initial years but since their migration to Fiber, I can say that it is hands down the best service I am presently receiving. They do compensate you for any downtimes you face, which in my opinion should be standard.
In comparison, I have a Jio fiber connection in Noida. The amount of downtime that I have to face is huge and there seems to be no end to it anytime soon. Adding to it, they don’t offer you any compensation for the downtime you face due to their poor infrastructure.
Old 19th November 2023, 16:28   #5

I used their service for close to 3 months in Hyderabad a couple of years ago and they had one of the worst possible services I have ever experienced with any ISP in India!

Dont get lured with their plans, their pricing is always lucrative. With nightmarish down-time and no-good customer care, makes it a deadly combination to evade. Not sure if their service levels have got any better these days but I would sincerely suggest to dodge it.

Last edited by commander.sri : 19th November 2023 at 16:54.
Old 19th November 2023, 17:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am evaluating if I should move to Excitel as my Broadband provider in Bangalore. .
I've got their 200Mbps Annual plan in Bangalore, paid 599x with taxes. It just works.
Old 20th November 2023, 07:24   #7
BHPian

They use BSNL as the backbone - so expect ‘sarkari’ resolution to issues. If it works it works great and if it doesn’t then be prepared for longer resolution times.
LonelyPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks