Team-BHP - New iPods Released
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   New iPods Released (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/28490-new-ipods-released-6.html)

The minute i connect the iPod to my computer, the iPod just freezes completely. Screen and everything. And my computer cannot see it.
So any uninstall/roll back/ format is impossible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645374)
The minute i connect the iPod to my computer, the iPod just freezes completely. Screen and everything. And my computer cannot see it.

By Ipod software, I mean the ipod driver that's installed on your comp... have you tried uninstalling that (as well as itunes) and then reinstalling it from the original CD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645374)

can you put your ipod in disk mode?

i get that you have a 160GB 5.5G ipod.

My iPod is in disk mode. What is unfortunate is that there is 30gb of data on this.

Wim, the iPod does not show up as a drive on any computer. Connect it to the USB of any computer and it is frozen solid. Time and light and everything.

Reset it and it functions normally, only to the point of selecting a song. Press play and it's stuck at 0:00. THis is a serious problem.

Sam,

Try to get a firmware upgrade on that Ipod. But, during such an upgrade, typically all the exisiting data is lost - best back it up before you get this done: but here is the Catch-22.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645415)
My iPod is in disk mode. What is unfortunate is that there is 30gb of data on this..

see if ipod agent can backup the data in disk mode. I have used ipoda agent in regular mode but not in disk mode.

iPodSoft - Making the best, better | IGadget / HomePage

Download iPod Agent 1.0.1 Free Trial - iPod Agent is your one stop utility for copying songs off your iPod and back to your PC.

once that is done you will have to reformat the ipod to recover it.

is it a mac ipod or windows?

if you need an ipod to use till you get your fixed let me know I have loan you mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 645262)
Uh oh! Sorry to hear that, Sam! These FW updates are getting to be a hit-or-miss business nowadays. Hope you get it fixed and running soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645259)
My 160GB classic was working perfectly till this evening. I connected it to my Mac and it asked me if I wanted to download a software update.

It was a 50MB download, completed it, it installed and that was the last time my iPod played :(

50 MB download isnt a firmware update; its the new itunes software. Sam, try re-installing the older version of the itunes since you didnt have a problem running the iPod off that version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 645725)
50 MB download isnt a firmware update; its the new itunes software. Sam, try re-installing the older version of the itunes since you didnt have a problem running the iPod off that version.

Nope GTO that is incorrect. 50mb is the new iPod software update. I did not download an iTunes update. I upgraded the iPod from version 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.
I am 100% sure of this.

Besides my ipod is not recognising on ANY computer. Connect it to a USB and its frozen solid, till you hard redet it by holding down the meny and enter key for 3seconds. The problem has nothing to do with itunes.

I uploaded the new software, it installed it on my iPod, it asked me to wait while my ipod updated itself and then it would shut down and restart. Automatically.
It did all of that and then it has stopped playing altogether.

Anyone faced the same problem with itouch 16mb? I was planning to buy one this month end.
should I wait ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645259)
It was a 50MB download
When I connect it to my computer it just hangs completely. So now I cannot format or reset it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimwian (Post 645367)
This happened to me last year when they released an update for my 4G Ipod... I was able to restore (i.e. re-format) the ipod and reload my library. Have you tried this Sam?

not all FW updates (read as itunes updaes) work on all ipods. for example the latest FW update messes up many older ipods (4G and older).

since sam's ipod is a 5.5G I wonder why apple did nto test atleast their lastest ipods before releasing the FW.

this is why i always have a spare ipod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 645725)
50 MB download isnt a firmware update; its the new itunes software..

for a while now, all FW updates are only supplied as part of iTunes downloads.

Moral of the story, if your ipod is working fine do NOT (I repeast do NOT) update your itunes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 645877)

this is why i always have a spare ipod.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh MY God! :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645759)
Nope GTO that is incorrect. 50mb is the new iPod software update. I did not download an iTunes update. I upgraded the iPod from version 1.0.2 to 1.0.3. .

did you not use itunes to update the FW?
I am using windows for my ipods itunes 7.5.0.20 and FW version 1.1.2.23.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 645886)
did you not use itunes to update the FW?
I am using windows for my ipods itunes 7.5.0.20 and FW version 1.1.2.23.

Yes I did use iTunes to update the iPod. It was an automatic process. I'm a mac user.

I had the same problem with my ipod - it got replaced