Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2007, 22:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

ipod / iphone docking music players

Hi guys,I want to buy an Altec Lansing IM9 or IM600 for my 30GB ipod video,could anyone please let me know where is it available in Mumbai and for how much price.

Also please any of our Tbhpians using the same stuff or anything better in Ipod Dock.

Cheers..!!! Ramie

Note:Mods if the thread is not in the right thread please move to the appropriate thread,Thankyou.
Old 19th November 2007, 23:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hi guys,I want to buy an Altec Lansing IM9 or IM600 Also please any of our Tbhpians using the same stuff or anything better in Ipod Dock.
I use the IM7 and the Go+Play and find the Go+Play to be offer a more natural sound. the IM7 is a bit bass heavy. but for travel and holidays the im600 is great.
Old 19th November 2007, 23:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey navin how much did you get the IM7 for and from where did you get it in Mumbai???
Old 20th November 2007, 10:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey navin how much did you get the IM7 for and from where did you get it in Mumbai???
about 16K from Heera Panna
Old 20th November 2007, 15:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi navin thanks for the info i will check it out at heera panna..cheers

Ramie
Old 5th December 2007, 11:41   #6
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought an IM7 yesterday for my iPod video. The audio plays well and I liked the sound; but I am not able to play video and photo slide-shows on my TV through it.

The manual says connect the composite video output on IM7's back with a RCA cable to the TV's composite video input.

I used a regular composite cable (3 wires - yellow for video, red and white for audio); and connected IM7 and TV with the yellow wire, but nothing shows on the TV. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the dock?

Help me out guys.

Cheers

\N
Old 5th December 2007, 11:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have you tried the Harman/JBL Docking stations

Apple Store - France - Enceintes Harman Kardon Go + Play pour iPod

Apple Store - France - JBL On Time - Enceintes pour iPod - noir

You will fall in love with them once you hear them

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 5th December 2007 at 12:01.
Old 5th December 2007, 17:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Have you tried the Harman/JBL Docking stations

Apple Store - France - Enceintes Harman Kardon Go + Play pour iPod

Apple Store - France - JBL On Time - Enceintes pour iPod - noir

You will fall in love with them once you hear them
Klipsch iFi IPod dock, not very portable but looks great.
Old 29th July 2011, 20:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

re: ipod / iphone docking music players

One of my friends is looking for a i-phone4 docking music player (around 200-300$) and I am the consultant.

4 options I lined up are:
  • HK Soundsticks III with their i-phone dock bought separately (the dock at $130 seems like a rip-off)
  • HK Go+Play micro
  • B&W Zepplin Mini
  • Bose Soundock (already rejectedby me)

Type of music is mostly bollywood and english classical. Definetly no hip-hop.

Leaning towards the HK go+play. ny thoughts ???
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:48   #10
Team-BHP Support

Re: ipod / iphone docking music players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
[*]HK Go+Play micro[*]B&W Zepplin Mini[*]Bose Soundock (already rejectedby me)
Go for the full sized Go+Play. Alternates are the Boston Duo or Kicker iK500 or 350 (if the 500 is too big). If size is not an issue and you want something loud look at the Altec iMT800 or Moondance if the iMT800 is too loud (aurally and visually).

Last edited by navin : 2nd August 2011 at 10:55.
Old 17th January 2013, 01:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Go for the full sized Go+Play. Alternates are the Boston Duo or Kicker iK500 or 350 (if the 500 is too big). If size is not an issue and you want something loud look at the Altec iMT800 or Moondance if the iMT800 is too loud (aurally and visually).
Is Altec Imt620 worth buying for Rs6400 from Snapdeal.com? I like the features (ipod dock with FM) and price point looks fine. Or is there anything else i should look at in this price range e.g. JBL ontime 200. My music taste is TRANCE only.
Old 17th January 2013, 10:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,I want to buy an Altec Lansing IM9 or IM600 for my 30GB ipod video,could anyone please let me know where is it available in Mumbai and for how much price.

Also please any of our Tbhpians using the same stuff or anything better in Ipod Dock.

Cheers..!!! Ramie

Note:Mods if the thread is not in the right thread please move to the appropriate thread,Thankyou.
There are multiple options, I use the following depending on the requirement -

1. For home video & audio streaming, I use Apple TV which connects via Airplay (wireless) to my TV and the amp, cost around 140 SGD. This is not a docking station but a video audio streamer

2. For travel & bathroom, I use the Jawbone Jambox for audio only which is also wireless connecting via bluetooth and streams upto 30ft, costs around 150 SGD

3. In the bedroom, i use the Harmon Kardon sound sticks whose SQ is amazing and very aesthetic, which costs around 300 SGD i suppose, bought this around 3 years ago and cant remember the price.

Srisha
Old 17th January 2013, 13:50   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Is Altec Imt620 worth buying for Rs6400 from Snapdeal.com? I like the features (ipod dock with FM) and price point looks fine. Or is there anything else i should look at in this price range e.g. JBL ontime 200. My music taste is TRANCE only.
I have no heard the IMT620. However neither the JBL 200 or the IMT620 would be capable of providing the bass required for trance/house/dance music. JBL's OnBeat Extreme is better. Do you really need FM?
Old 17th January 2013, 18:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have no heard the IMT620. However neither the JBL 200 or the IMT620 would be capable of providing the bass required for trance/house/dance music. JBL's OnBeat Extreme is better. Do you really need FM?
I would love to have FM since i dont have anything at home that plays FM. JBL Onbeat looks expensive. Anything you recommend for <10K which has decent sound, includes FM and maybe, maybe Bluetooth as well (i know i am asking way too much for a system <10K)
Old 18th January 2013, 13:31   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I would love to have FM since i dont have anything at home that plays FM. JBL Onbeat looks expensive. Anything you recommend for <10K which has decent sound, includes FM and maybe, maybe Bluetooth as well (i know i am asking way too much for a system <10K)
Under 10K and decent sound? hmmm that alone is a tall order. JBL's flip has bluetooth and is ultra portable but has little bass. Speakers like this are best suited for those who want their music in their hotel room.

Sony used to make a clock radio called the ICF-C2 or C3 (Sony has some really confusing model numbers) that make good music. See if your Sony dealer still has one.

lastly check the grey market for the iLuv and iHome series of products. These guys change their products faster than I can keep track of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks