Team-BHP - How to convert acrobat pdf format into word doc format?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   How to convert acrobat pdf format into word doc format? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31743-how-convert-acrobat-pdf-format-into-word-doc-format.html)

Guys..

I need to copy some parts of a pdf document.
Is it possible to convert the whole pdf file into .doc file using some software?..
If yes please suggest me the software(free) which can do that conversion.
I searched around the net for the software but most of them being trial versions convert only the first couple of pages.

Thanks

Kp,

Check out few links..

Convert PDF, HTML, DOC, TIFF and more

PDF Converter, PDF Printer Driver, Convert to Image, Online PDF Conversion.

Free trial. Easily Convert PDF to Doc, HTML, RTF, TXT etc. with 'Convert Doc' from Softinterface

Free download ABC Amber PDF Convertor, convert PDF documents to HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, TXT

Thanks Mugen but still i'm not fully successful in converting the whole pdf file into doc
Link 1 and link 2 are for converting files into pdf.

Link 3 - download link is not working otherwise it gave me some hope

Link 4 - trial version, converts only 5 pages

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 635753)
I need to copy some parts of a pdf document.

I don't know if this works with Acrobat Reader, but I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, and that has a 'Save As' .doc option.

Also, if you need to copy some parts, you can use the 'select' tool and copy the portions you want.

do you have access to linux machine?
Koffice has PDF import plugin, wherein you can store the file as rtf.
RTF can then be converted to doc in openoffice(which is free)

KP my current office machine doesnt allow me to download any stuff, but just do a google (if you havent already) for a converter, I had got one a year or so back & it was a freeware. Sorry I forgot its name :(

check this

Google Search Results

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 635841)
I don't know if this works with Acrobat Reader, but I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, and that has a 'Save As' .doc option.

Adobe Areader wont allow you to do it.

As suggested earlier, you will have to google it and search for a utility to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 635860)
KP my current office machine doesnt allow me to download any stuff, but just do a google (if you havent already) for a converter, I had got one a year or so back & it was a freeware. Sorry I forgot its name :(

check this

Google Search Results

Looks like there is a download restrictions in your office. If this is due to some proxy , try the following link.
https://server13.kproxy.com

You will need Adobe acrobat Standard.
Its a licensed software.
You can try to get a pirated version/ torrent it or send me the pdf ill convert it and send it back to you :-)

There's a very simple & painful solution,

Select the text using mouse, copy (Ctrl+C) and paste it in the word doc.

It takes longer & you might have to format the text. But I'm not sure if you can copy the pictures & graphs etc.

I used to do this before I got Professional version.

On linux, more than one option is available. As already stated, koffice can be used to import the pdf and then you can use the "save as" feature to save in .doc format.
The other option, especially useful if the pdf does not contain much formatting, is to use "pdftotext". However, fi the pdf itself is consisting of just an image, it will be very difficult - you will have to extract the image (from koffice or "pdfimages" utility, and the resulting image can be run through some OCR software to extract the text.
My experience is that in all methods of conversion, you are likely to end up losing formating info.
If it is just one file, I can help you out. Just upload the file to some location and pm me the URL.

for a temp solution google 'able2extract' , it gives you a 7 day trial version ...neat

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 635848)
do you have access to linux machine?
Koffice has PDF import plugin, wherein you can store the file as rtf.
RTF can then be converted to doc in openoffice(which is free)

No i don't have Linux in my pc.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 635860)

check this

Google Search Results

I did search through all of them..Most of them are trial version and convert only the first five pages of the pdf file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2theMax (Post 636139)
for a temp solution google 'able2extract' , it gives you a 7 day trial version ...neat

Yes i downloaded that and it only converted first 3 pages.

Try this

Online PDF Converter & Document Creator - Convert PDF to Word or Excel, Extract Images from PDF

Oh no this too truncates to just 2-3 pages, Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 635878)
Looks like there is a download restrictions in your office. If this is due to some proxy , try the following link.
https://server13.kproxy.com

The problem is bigger we are not given Download rights i.e. I cant save anything on C drive & the places which allow me are desktop & My Documents which are mapped to a central location which gets scanned randomly :|