Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 08:05   #16
BHPian

If it is still under warranty, why arent you contacting Lenovo for support/ re-installation?

Not all media are compatible with the product key behind your laptop. If you have a product key from Lenovo and try installation with a retail version, it wont accept the key. You need to hunt for the media from Lenovo and it will accept the OEM product key.

However, I feel you should contact Lenovo and get it fixed rather than trying pirated versions.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

What did I do now?
Nothing Hydra 0rn's avtaar was a pic of your hanging upside down.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:33   #18
BHPian

Do you have a reinstall CD.Try that.ALso enter 25 Digit Key.
To be very frank I changed RAM in my laptop after buying myself ,nothing will happen.You just have to open one screw in bottom side. Just follow the instructions in ur laptop manual.Be careful to avoid static it can cause permanent damage some times.

Best of lucks
Old 19th December 2007, 15:06   #19
BHPian

Vista a Mess

Really i'm too shocked but the fact remains it is not accepting and on the bottom it is written Vista not XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
the 25-digit product key is the right key. I wonder why its doesnt accept. Does the sticker say Vista or XP?

You can always get a cheap copy of Xp if you are not comfortable with Vista.

For memory i dont know about Lenovo but HP and Sony dont void warranty when I install it for customers.
Old 19th December 2007, 15:09   #20
BHPian

Dont have the CD and the dealer said the sys is different to the old ones and it needs to open fully from the front and this not a easy job it might fiddle with the warranty so better talk to Lenovo and which is not responding to my call

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
Do you have a reinstall CD.Try that.ALso enter 25 Digit Key.
To be very frank I changed RAM in my laptop after buying myself ,nothing will happen.You just have to open one screw in bottom side. Just follow the instructions in ur laptop manual.Be careful to avoid static it can cause permanent damage some times.

Best of lucks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks