Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:49   #46
BHPian

I would say Dynaudio is in the same price category, and when coupled with a decent amp, prolly more expensive. I am not so sure about the better sound part. Never heard of Proac, but ill take your word for it.
Anyways tnx for the advice the DAC1 does seem enough for these babies
Old 1st May 2008, 02:14   #47
BHPian

Shrivz what happened which speakers did you finally buy ? How were the Audioengine A2's ? Although your conclusion about the MX 5021's highs seems strange considering that it comes with Horn loaded tweeters. Were you by any chance standing close to wall while auditioning the MX ?
Old 1st May 2008, 10:23   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Shrivz what happened which speakers did you finally buy ? How were the Audioengine A2's ? Although your conclusion about the MX 5021's highs seems strange considering that it comes with Horn loaded tweeters. Were you by any chance standing close to wall while auditioning the MX ?
Couldn't audition the A2s, also decided against them since I wanted a sub. (I somehow dont like the artificial bass produced by small drivers.)

I picked up the Klipsch. Did a 7hr white noise burn in after which the bass is much better. Now I just need to get some good speaker cables and terminals.

wrt the MX 5021s, I wasnt close to wall while auditioning them, they're a very good set of speakers but being altec lansings, they had a typical altec lansing tonality to them, which I personally am not a fan of. But they are by far, the best altecs I've heard, no two ways about that.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlover View Post
I would say Dynaudio is in the same price category, and when coupled with a decent amp, prolly more expensive. I am not so sure about the better sound part. Never heard of Proac, but ill take your word for it.
Anyways tnx for the advice the DAC1 does seem enough for these babies
I'm curious as to which Dynaudio did you compare with it? Other nice mini monitors are the Harbeths, Magico Minis, the Zapp Audio DIY kit etc.
Old 5th May 2008, 14:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys, yesterday I bought Creative 2.1 speakers (AS 300). Today when I connected it to the machine, I realized the quality of sound is not good.. There is some echo/bass coming even if I put bass level to zero which makes singer's voice degrade to the fullest. It sounds as if somebody is singing in a tunnel...

I am using onboard sound card (Realtec) and not at all satisfied with the quality. Could you guys please let me know if it is the 2.1 culprit or the "realtec" onboard card?

BTW I can hear sound only if I put input cable of 2.1 system into the "front channel" (connector at the back) on the board. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
Old 5th May 2008, 14:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

Your speakers are to blame. Get something better.
Old 5th May 2008, 15:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

But I listened to the same speakers which my friend is using. I was impressed with it and so bought it. I will try with PCI sound card today, lets see it remains same.
Old 5th May 2008, 16:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

the realtek onboard has a control panel which has some weird sounding EQ/DSP presets. Someone might have messed with them
Old 5th May 2008, 17:14   #54
BHPian

Creative 2.1's are not that bad.
Try switching off all equaliser settings, any sort of boost, sound enhancements etc etc. Or try using a different media player. Your media player is most probably the culprit.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thanks bro !!! I will try switching off all settings.. Plain setting and Winamp will do the trick I guess.... Otherwise I will try with my Yamaha PCI sound card..
Old 5th May 2008, 21:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

The realtek's don't have very good quality,just ok.

You have modified some settings in the Realtek control panel.For best quality keep sound effects (both environment and equalizer)to none.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 5th May 2008 at 21:23.
Old 5th May 2008, 22:38   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
The realtek's don't have very good quality,just ok.

You have modified some settings in the Realtek control panel.For best quality keep sound effects (both environment and equalizer)to none.
lol +1 to that merve, i tried everythnig and settled for none
Old 5th May 2008, 23:28   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd expect Yamaha PCI card to be way better than a realtek builtin!
Old 24th January 2014, 11:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: which sound card for pc

Why is this thread dead for the past half a decade?

Anyway, what would be a good (great) USB/Firewire sound card for 320 kbps tracks? Linux/Mac supported please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks