Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 21:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

I use Shiretoko (3.5 unofficial) on UBUNTU and it runs slow. It slows down the system too as it uses lots of resources.

But on Windows, after startup FF just blazes. I still have IE 8 for occassional use though.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:20   #32
BHPian

DataFox the plugin for checking broad band usage is not working nowadays. Any body have solution?
Old 10th January 2010, 21:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

When i updated my Firefox and my Real player with the free online updates, there was a problem that i have noticed. With the earlier versions, one could download Youtube clips, as soon as i started using the updated version, the real player download clip button disappeared. This button would appear whenever the cursor would be taken close to the clip. The download clip drop box would appear. Now there is nothing of this sort. Even right clicking the mouse does not offer a download option.

I really wonder whether this is a firefox or a rea lplayer problem, as these two downloads were done within minutes of each other.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:54   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
DataFox the plugin for checking broad band usage is not working nowadays. Any body have solution?
Checkout networx. Its very good.

Bandwidth monitor, bandwidth speed test, bandwidth and traffic monitoring tool for Windows
Old 12th January 2010, 19:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Thanks for the reply. The problem was solved, installed new version.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:36   #36
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
When i updated my Firefox and my Real player with the free online updates, there was a problem that i have noticed. With the earlier versions, one could download Youtube clips, as soon as i started using the updated version, the real player download clip button disappeared. This button would appear whenever the cursor would be taken close to the clip. The download clip drop box would appear. Now there is nothing of this sort. Even right clicking the mouse does not offer a download option.

I really wonder whether this is a firefox or a rea lplayer problem, as these two downloads were done within minutes of each other.
Sounds like a RealPlayer issue.
I would imagine that with the upgrade, RealPlayer has stopped providing the facility to download YouTube clips.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:27   #37
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gogi:
I tried out what you mentioned here.
Installed Mozilla Firefox version 3.5.7 and
RealPlayer SP Gold from http://www.real.com/
Verdict. It works.

Firefox Issues-realplayerdownload.jpg

Ram
Old 18th November 2010, 23:17   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's an issue with Firefox 3.6.12 and Youtube.

Videos play, but much of the other stuff on a youtube page just doesn't work. Pressing buttons has no effect at all.

There is a description of the problem, along with fix, at Mozilla support

This fix, in this comment from t002 worked for me:

Quote:
To solve the problem:
1) Access your about:config page in your Firefox by typing about:config in the address bar.
2) Double click on the dom.storage.enabled entry to change the value from false to true.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 18th November 2010 at 23:18.
Old 14th December 2010, 02:24   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Firefox Issues

Here's another issue I've had for a while that I seem to have stumbled on a cure for.

Taking this forum as an example, where, in the forum listing, the mouse-over gives the first few words of a thread... while moving the mouse around the paage, on pausing, I would often get blank, background-colour boxes. Oddly, mouse-overing on the actual thread title would give the correct text box.

Because of this correct behaviour, it took me a while to be sure that I was actually seeing mouse-over shape/size boxes.

The only advice I culd find on the net was to disable Google Toolbar --- but I don't have Google toolbar! Anyway, I realised that the next step was to start FF in safe mode. Voila! No grey boxes! Thinking that it must, therefore, be an add-in, but not having any clue which one, I restarted firefox normally.

Duhh...

Still no grey boxes! It seems that, somehow, the startup in safe mode was enough to fix the issue! Lets hope it stays that way

FF 3.6.13, Ubuntu 10.04 --- but I had this problem before even with Windows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks