Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 00:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Firefox Issues

I use iTunes to listen to music. I also use Soundcrank to locate Album Art for songs in the iTunes list.

But when I launch iTunes / SoundCrank (when I am working with FF) - FF simply freezes. What could the problem be ?

I un-installed SoundCrank but the problem still persists

iTunes work fine with IE though !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 18th March 2008 at 00:10.
Old 18th March 2008, 01:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't be a problem. I use FF and iTunes all the time at home. Just do an update for Firefox. Could solve your problem.

What OS are you on? I'm using XP and haven't seen it.

Otherwise suggest you uninstall Firefox and install it back. You could probably take a backup of your bookmarks in case you use them.
Old 18th March 2008, 02:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Same here no problem with Itunes + Firefox
Old 18th March 2008, 07:14   #4
rippergeo

I have installed the foxytunes add-on to my firefox browser(I like modding). when i start up Itunes while browsing, firefox does freeze for a few seconds. but I consider the price of modifying.

@NC-do you have any music add-ons installed on the browser?never heard of sound crank.

Old 18th March 2008, 08:30   #5
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking your thread NC.
Can anyone tell me a convenient way of finding and downloading album arts for songs (mostly hindi).
I tried soundcrack.. but cant seem to find how to find album arts through it
Old 18th March 2008, 10:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Shouldn't be a problem. Just do an update for Firefox. Could solve your problem.
I have the latest update of FF.

Quote:
What OS are you on? I'm using XP and haven't seen it.
Me on Vista Home.

Quote:
Otherwise suggest you uninstall Firefox and install it back. You could probably take a backup of your bookmarks in case you use them.
Done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I have installed the foxytunes add-on to my firefox browser(I like modding). when i start up Itunes while browsing, firefox does freeze for a few seconds. but I consider the price of modifying.
I use foxy tunes too and it works fine when I launch through Foxy Tunes but when I open iTunes seperately when working with FF - that's when the problem arises. Could this be the problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Sorry for hijacking your thread NC.
Can anyone tell me a convenient way of finding and downloading album arts for songs (mostly hindi).
I tried soundcrack.. but cant seem to find how to find album arts through it
I search for images in google of the movie and then copy-paste to Album Art It's tedious but I do it when i have some free time. Works for me.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:11   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

FireFox+Foxy Tunes+ iTunes = works fine for me!
I usually use Winamp. But there is a difference, iTunes playing songs are much louder than Winamp. Why so?
Old 18th March 2008, 11:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Any one using Songbird ? Open source and looks good to me - just started using it. Has a inbuilt browser too. Very familiar iTunes interface and you can import your iTunes data including playlists etc straight in !!
Old 18th March 2008, 12:09   #9
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

I use foxy tunes too and it works fine when I launch through Foxy Tunes but when I open iTunes seperately when working with FF - that's when the problem arises. Could this be the problem ?

that's the problem i'm facing too.
it also occurs whe you skip from the itunes window to the firefox window(sometimes). like you said, it works fine when you launch itunes though Firefox(foxytunes)

will try songbird and see.

Old 18th March 2008, 13:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Could be your foxytunes then as some of them seem to have the same problem. Also iTunes initially had some glitches with Vista. Dunno if all of them went away. Personally I found XP much easier and comfortable to use than Vista given all the problems it had.
Old 1st May 2008, 15:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Same here no problem with Itunes + Firefox
No issues with me as well. use FF, Itunes and Safari as well - havent ever encountered that problem on XP sp2.

Quote:
I use covertsastic for album art. Its a web search utility that pulls art from Amazon.com - Covertastic.com

Quote:
that's the problem i'm facing too.
it also occurs whe you skip from the itunes window to the firefox window(sometimes). like you said, it works fine when you launch itunes though Firefox(foxytunes)

will try songbird and see.
Maybe the proplem is not Itunes at all but Quicktime. Often when Itunes + Quicktime is updated it messes things up. Try uninstalling Quicktime alone and then reinstalling it. Makes sure to download Quicktime only and not Itunes + Quicktime.
Just a guess....

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd May 2008 at 00:23. Reason: merged. Please use the multi-quote button
Old 16th February 2009, 20:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

A couple of new problems now. I use MTNL Triband at home and a private ISP at office.

1) When I use FF at home, I can only browse. For example, on team-bhp, I can only browse and not post anything. When I use Safari, all is fine. I use Opera and it gives me the same result as FF.

2) When I am surfing at home and log in to Facebook via any browser - it logs in to the home page and thats it !! I cannot go further nor can I do anything ! At office - Facebook works like a charm on any browser.

Can anyone help please?
Old 16th February 2009, 20:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
A couple of new problems now. I use MTNL Triband at home and a private ISP at office.

1) When I use FF at home, I can only browse. For example, on team-bhp, I can only browse and not post anything. When I use Safari, all is fine. I use Opera and it gives me the same result as FF.

2) When I am surfing at home and log in to Facebook via any browser - it logs in to the home page and thats it !! I cannot go further nor can I do anything ! At office - Facebook works like a charm on any browser.

Can anyone help please?
Same results in IE.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

No IE - using a macbook.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a script issue to me, try doing a fresh install rather then repairing firefox installation. It should be fixed up !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks