Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 17:17   #1
BHPian

Mobile network trouble

Guys

I have been facing this issue in my apts since the last 6 months, ever since I moved into my flat in fact. I stay just beyond the Marathahalli bridge (Sriram Samrudhi apts, Kundenahalli Gate)

There is absolutely no signal inside my house.. max of 1 or 2 'dandies' I get but there is no way I can make or take a call indoors. People have major problems getting thru to me either via call or sms. I had to get a landline the moment I moved in.

Other people are also facing similar issues but those on the flats on higher floors are not affected that badly.

I have been pursuing this with Vodafone since the time I shifted but they haven't responded at all.

Its a desperate situation this, but is there a way out?
Old 8th April 2008, 17:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Yes there is. You can get a signal booster box installed on the roof of the building. Hutch and Airtel boosters are installed on our apart roof. Contact their tech team.
Old 8th April 2008, 19:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Yupp !! Trouble them even more. It works since I had a similar issue and now I have the signal booster installed in my flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yes there is. You can get a signal booster box installed on the roof of the building.
Adi ' the signal booster is installed in the house and they just put up an antenna on the roof. Works pretty well though.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Switch to a provider with better signal in your house.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Get a better phone maybe a new PDA which will pick up better signal with a more powerful receiver.
Old 8th April 2008, 23:01   #6
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Get a better phone maybe a new PDA which will pick up better signal with a more powerful receiver.
Viddy bahiya, Mayankbhai just bought new N95 8gb. Now if you ask him to get a better phone then...

Contact Vodafone, ask them this is the last time you asking to do something about the network. If not then dump them and shift to some other service provider.
Otherwise you have 2 options:
1) either you can talk only in balconies
2) or keep your phone near the balcony and use bluetooth headset with good range and talk aaraam se!

Last edited by F50 : 8th April 2008 at 23:06.
Old 8th April 2008, 23:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Viddy bahiya, Mayankbhai just bought new N95 8gb. Now if you ask him to get a better phone then...

Contact Vodafone, ask them this is the last time you asking to do something about the network. If not then dump them and shift to some other service provider.
Otherwise you have 2 options:
1) either you can talk only in balconies
2) or keep your phone near the balcony and use bluetooth headset with good range and talk aaraam se!
I think viddy bhaiya is just being a naughty boy.. he knows i have got a new phone which ain't a pda

Man I tried calling the vodafone customer care today with my complaint number and everything. I just can't get thru to them man its so disgusting!

And as for switching to other service providers. I hear airtel is only a touch better.. its just these towers that absorb the signals.

Is this signal booster thing harmful in any way?
Old 9th April 2008, 08:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

IMO the signal booster should not cause any harm but I am no authority on them.
Old 9th April 2008, 08:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Round up the other residents in the building /complex who also have a vodafone connection, and show Vodafone some numbers. Should help things move faster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks