Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 14:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Transfer of Phone book from CDMA hand set to normal handset.

@ Mods: I was not able to get the response on the normal mobile phone thread. Hence I have created a new thread. Request you to keep this open till I receive the response.

Thanks.

I will be changing from CDMA to GSM in the coming month. My CDMA has the reliance connection. The handset is Nokia 6370.

The GSM handset is Nokia 6670 for which I will be starting to use from July-08. It does not have IR facility.

Now, I have over 300+ phone nos. Can I transfer all the phone nos from my existing CDMA handset to GSM handset. Pls advice..
Old 17th June 2008, 15:08   #2
BANNED

What is your CDMA handset? Does it have a cable that can sync it up with a PC? If yes, you can take a backup of your contacts in the laptop and then transfer these to the new phone. Does your new phone also come with a data cable?

In my case, to transfer contacts from a Motorola Razr V3c (CDMA) to a Motorola Q8 (GSM), I took a backup of the contacts into my laptop using the data cable (supplied with the Razr). One has the option of saving the contacts as Outlook contacts or Lotus Notes contacts. I chose Outlook contacts and then the Active Sync on the Q8 picked up the Outlook contacts automatically.
Old 18th June 2008, 09:23   #3
BHPian

Nokia 6370 doesn't have bluetooth but it does have data cable Pop-port. So you should be able to sync you contacts to PC-Suite / Outlook using correct drivers.

Post that it is pretty straight forward importing the contact from Outlook. Here is the link to download PC Suite & Content Copier for Nokia 6370.

https://www.nokiausa.com/A4410374

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post

My CDMA handset is Nokia 6370.

The GSM handset is Nokia 6670 for which I will be starting to use from July-08. It does not have IR facility.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks