Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 07:22   #1
BHPian

there was no omnia thread so thought of starting one

iam waiting when this phone will arrive to india ? guys anyone knows about that.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd September 2008 at 03:01. Reason: Two back to back one liners with 30 sec difference to start a thread? What was the great idea really?
Old 8th August 2008, 07:27   #2
BHPian

well i m thinking of buying the 8 gb version from wirelessimports.com

the price started at 1100$ and is dropping like crazy now its 750$ i am thinking it will drop more . so i m waiting for some more time.

the 16gb version started at around 1400$ and dropped to 850$ some thing.

but at the same time i also want to wait for Sony ericsson xperia 1
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:02   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Omnia 16gb 33500/- available at alfa in irla. For more reviews please wait as mines coming from singapore its the omnia white with the new rom i900DXHG4 installed from the service center. And Ranjit from AR motorsports has one too. phone works like a charm. Iphone, I got one thing to say to you..strike 3! you're out!
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:11   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Omnia 16gb 33500/- available at alfa in irla. For more reviews please wait as mines coming from singapore its the omnia white with the new rom i900DXHG4 installed from the service center. And Ranjit from AR motorsports has one too. phone works like a charm. Iphone, I got one thing to say to you..strike 3! you're out!
how much are you getting it for micky... one thing it can never kill the iphone UI. maybe in features but never UI. and you are buying a samsung. i thought you only a HTC fan
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:01   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Change is the only constant my friend..jesal. And as far as the UI goes...The phone features matter more..what good is a phone that doesn't stream your presentations through bluetooth or doesn't have DLNA support (please google it) times change people change, it isnt a matter of choice..thats an illusion. Its a matter of time.
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:17   #6
BHPian

iPhone now available without contract in UK

iPhone now available without contract in UK.

iPhone 3G 8GB for Pay & Go will be available for £349.99 and the 16GB version for £399.99.

iPhone 3G on pay as you go: Crack open that piggy bank - Crave at CNET.co.uk

Pay & Go - iPhone - O2

Cheers

MontyKING
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:42   #7
BHPian

According to Samsung dealers i900 omnia will soon be available in Dubai , thinking of buying one soon
Old 4th September 2008, 14:43   #8
BHPian

The features of samsung instinct competes with the iphone rather than Omnia

check this site

Samsung Instinct
Old 16th September 2008, 15:30   #9
BHPian

hey Nitroxx,! nice to see u are a HTC fan!

So am i, a big one! and am waiting for a change... I am now just wondering wether to go for :
1. Samsung Ominia
2. HTC Touch Pro
3. HTC Made - Sony Ericsson Experia X1,
4. HTC HD - coming out hopefully by JAN - bigger screen than Iphone, and much better features. slimmer than iPhone too!

Please update us all on your Samsung Omnia! and how much u buying it for? think it should be around s$1000. ?

Thanks!
Old 16th September 2008, 18:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prram View Post
According to Samsung dealers i900 omnia will soon be available in Dubai , thinking of buying one soon
Hello? It HAS been available since the day you posted. At Dhs 3,500.
Old 11th October 2008, 22:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

I got an 8GB Omnia yesterday to add to my Diamond and TyTN II. It had a Vodafone rom on it so the first thing I did was flash a new rom on.

I have been playing with it for a few hours now and to be honest I fail to see why this phone has received so much hype. Compared to my existing smart phones it is no better (apart from having more storage). In terms of roms and the user interface the HTC efforts easily beat the Omnia. The wizz interface is very dissapointing.

GPS is also quite poor relative to the Diamond and TyTN II. I can get good signals sat inside with my HTC phones but this seriously struggles to get a decent signal.

The comm manager (or should I say wireless manager )is one of the worst efforts I have seen for a long time. Samsung seriously need to buck up their ideas if they want to compete with other in the SP arena.

After trading in my last phone it only cost me £130 so I am glad I did not shell out more for this phone.

Insane Devil, I would avoid the Omnia and go for a HTC offering. They are far more complete and better to use SP's.
Old 12th October 2008, 01:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Used one for a while. Great on paper, crappy in real life.

Sorry but this was one of the biggest disappointments I have come across. The iPhone has its limitations, but at least you know what its limitations are. This one supposedly has none, but it disappoints on experience.

Stay away from it.
Old 13th October 2008, 01:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Used one for a while. Great on paper, crappy in real life.

Sorry but this was one of the biggest disappointments I have come across. The iPhone has its limitations, but at least you know what its limitations are. This one supposedly has none, but it disappoints on experience.

Stay away from it.
Could not agree with you more. I put the HTC manilla shell on today and this beats the samsung user interface on all fronts. Still dissapointing for such an expensive phone. My old HTC Trinity which was now a bit dated offered more bang for bucks than the Omnia.

I compared GPs lock on from a cold start today and the HTC diamond and TyTN II beat the Omnia easily. I had even turned the HTC phones off and 2 minutes later the Omnia was still trying to lock on to satellites.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks