Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 09:52   #16
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
In addition to possible UPS damage on Inverter supply I have been informed that decorative LED displays (the ones that blink continously and generally used for deities / show cases etc) also get damaged. Had an experience of a dimmer rotary switch going kaput on Inverter supply, the switch being used for a ceiling fan regulation and relatively new.
I probably have experienced this. I had an APC UPS for the comuter and a local inverter (1KVA) for the house. The UPS never picked up current from the inverter and gave the standard backup time of 15 min's or so.

And ever since the inverter was installed (2 years ago), I have had to take the UPS for repairs twice and the third time there was so much smoke that i just chucked it out.
Running without a UPS as of now.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
I probably have experienced this. I had an APC UPS for the comuter and a local inverter (1KVA) for the house. The UPS never picked up current from the inverter and gave the standard backup time of 15 min's or so.And ever since the inverter was installed (2 years ago), I have had to take the UPS for repairs twice and the third time there was so much smoke that i just chucked it out. Running without a UPS as of now.
What's bad for your UPS is also bad for your computer; so don't run your computer on inverter. Best is to run computer through UPS that's plugged into a power socket that doesn't get current from the inverter.
Old 24th October 2008, 15:47   #18
BHPian

I have two 600VA UPSs, connected to the mains line, that is backed up by the inverter. When the power goes, (which in Pune, is very frequently) the UPSs run off the inverter. So far I've not had any problems. The inverter is a local brand - it did not mention anything about "pure sine wave" output.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks