Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 20:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Currently all my contacts on the phone are synced with my company's Exchange server. But I need an alternative option when I leave my company.
Why did you do so? You could've synced it with outlook and created a separate Contacts directory on your personal folders (PST) file on your hard drive. Then all you needed to do was to copy the PST onto a removable storage medium and carry it to your laptop/PC at home.

You can still do it - create a Personal Folder and copy the contacts from your exchange server (wont it contain all your company's contacts as well?) onto the PST file. Then delete all the unwanted contacts and save the PST onto a flashdrive (assuming you havent copied mails onto your PST as well).

You dont need an MS Exchange server to use Outlook. You can use outlook for normal POP or IMAP as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Guys, i need someones help. I need to get my Hotmail account on Outlook. How do i do it?
Hey as long as your webmail provider allows POP3 access, you can set it up on Outlook. You dont need to use outlook express or any connector for the same - I have my .Mac, Gmail, TBHP and my personal business emails all configured on Outlook. No issues at all.

DISCLAIMER: I've never used Hotmail, so I dont know about that. I used to have my Yahoo ID configured on Outlook as well, so I think it should be similar.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th September 2008 at 20:53.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Why did you do so? You could've synced it with outlook and created a separate Contacts directory on your personal folders (PST) file on your hard drive. Then all you needed to do was to copy the PST onto a removable storage medium and carry it to your laptop/PC at home.
I used Exchange because my office has the official email on Exchange and it has the over the air sync thingy. So I can edit my contact details anywhere and it will automatically sync up (i.e on the fly back up) when I sync my office mails.

Also, My Contacts folder is seperate from company directory or address book, isnt it. So My contacts folder dont have my company contacts. Now, WM6 lets you access your company directory as well. So no need to add them seperately into My contacts folder .. In other words, I love Windows Mobile
Old 25th September 2008, 17:26   #18
BHPian

I recently installed SP3 XP from SP2 XP recently,since then whenever I try to open Microsoft Outlook I get this error message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.Outlook require Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater.You can install Outlook Express by running IE5Setup.exe from the IE5 folder on your CD or through the Windows Update website." Presently I am running SP3 Internet Explorer.How do I resolve this?
Old 2nd January 2013, 19:43   #19
BHPian

Re: HELP!! microsoft outlook!!

Reviving an old thread. I need some information related to configuring my outlook 2010 for emails. My org. is using Zoho for emails. There are 2 ways for configuring my mails in outlook i.e. using POP3 or IMAP. In POP3, I've the option of selecting the location of the .pst file in a different drive than that of the default location, while in IMAP it is not there. But, in IMAP, the emails can be synced in both ways while it is not in POP3.

Now the question is, is there any way in which I can select the location of the .pst file so that it can be placed in a different drive (say D instead of C). Hope you understood my question. This is required because , the space on C drive is less and is getting exhausted while I've enough space on D drive. Hence, I want to move the .pst file to D drive. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

Now the question is, is there any way in which I can select the location of the .pst file so that it can be placed in a different drive (say D instead of C). Hope you understood my question. This is required because , the space on C drive is less and is getting exhausted while I've enough space on D drive. Hence, I want to move the .pst file to D drive. Thanks in advance.
I am not a technical guy, but I feel there is a way you can do this. Please do explore the following options -

1. Go to the menu File (Top left corner which would be highlighted in Orange shade)
2. You will be seeing the Info tab and in that Click on the Account Settings
3. You will get a context menu and under that select the menu item Account settings.
4. You will see a pop up window with multiple tabs
5. Click on the data files tab
6. You need to create a new pst here and map your mails to this pst

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I just wanted to give a try from my end. Hope this solves your issue.
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Reviving an old thread. I need some information related to configuring my outlook 2010 for emails. My org. is using Zoho for emails. There are 2 ways for configuring my mails in outlook i.e. using POP3 or IMAP. In POP3, I've the option of selecting the location of the .pst file in a different drive than that of the default location, while in IMAP it is not there. But, in IMAP, the emails can be synced in both ways while it is not in POP3.

This is what works in outlook 2007:

1. create your imap account in outlook, it will create a pst file in C:
2. close outlook.
3. move the pst file from C: to the other drive.
4. go to control panel and look for mail setting, and open the account.
5. it will complain about a missing file, point it to the right pst file in the other drive.
6 open outlook again.

PS: You have to copy the file created by outlook, you can not use any other pst file to point to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks