Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 14:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Panasonic and Sanyo confirm merger, deal makes Panasonic biggest electronics player

The Japanese CE landscape is about to change. Panasonic and Sanyo have finally confirmed that they are in discussions to make Sanyo a subsidiary of Panasonic.

A joint statement from Panasonic President Fumio Ohtsubo and Sanyo President Seiichiro Sano declares: ‘Panasonic and Sanyo will start discussions with the aim of maximizing both companies' corporate values by pursuing synergies between both companies.’

Read more ... Panasonic and Sanyo confirm merger, deal makes Panasonic biggest electronics player | Home Cinema Choice

Good news for us Panny fans??
Old 7th November 2008, 15:29   #2
BHPian

Panasonic may not be the best, but I always thought they make genuine stuff with less gimmicks.
I now own PV80 plasma and SC-PT950 home theater system from Panasonic. Both were worth for the money I spent.
Never had an experience with Sanyo though.
Old 8th November 2008, 02:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Panasonic have made far better televisions than Sony etc. There products are solid and reliable.

Sanyo on the other hand is the ugly duckling in this merger. They have always been seen as a second tier manufacturer relative to the likes of Panasonic, Sony etc.

I wonder if Panasonic will position Sanyo like Sony do with Aiwa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks