Team-BHP - Vintage Spool Players!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Vintage Spool Players! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/52299-vintage-spool-players.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1130378)
Hey, JayD, those are bluewalls!!

And is that period open reel tape deck going into your Landmaster?! :D

Yeah! i got them custom made to match the colour of my car! But sadly, it'll become white after a wash!lol:

Yepp! that's an Akai spool player. Vintage electronics(Valve radios, spool players, LP's, microphones and even fans!) is another major hobby, and sadly the only place it can go into the landy is the boot!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1130394)
Yepp! that's an Akai spool player. Vintage electronics(Valve radios, spool players, LP's, microphones and even fans!) is another major hobby, and sadly the only place it can go into the landy is the boot!:D

Next time I'm in Shornur, let me search around for something that might interest you - a Telefunken Spool Player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1130420)
Next time I'm in Shornur, let me search around for something that might interest you - a Telefunken Spool Player.

And while you're at it, could you search around for something that might interest me as well please:- ANY old radio, esp. the ones that came in wooden casings with chrome knobs, "magic eye" lights......:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1130420)

Wow wow wow!!! That sounds awesome! Lookin forward to that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1130498)
And while you're at it, could you search around for something that might interest me as well please:- ANY old radio, esp. the ones that came in wooden casings with chrome knobs, "magic eye" lights......:D

You mean something like THIS::D
Vintage Spool Players!-dscn4367.jpg

Vintage Spool Players!-dscn4371.jpg

Or THIS??

Vintage Spool Players!-dscn4373.jpg

The first one is a bush valve from the 40's(?) Zoom into the first pic and u can see the names of all the stations available internationally at that time. Funny thing is that, most f them still work!!clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1130520)
You mean something like THIS:
The first one is a bush valve from the 40's(?) Zoom into the first pic and u can see the names of all the stations available internationally at that time. Funny thing is that, most f them still work!!clap:

My first preference would be something like the 2nd one (philips) although I'm open to anything that's available! Even if it doesn't work! :D

I think my grandpa had a radio like the first one (BUSH), from the way I remember my dad describing it. Unfortunately, it remained among some of his furniture in grandpa's house that he had to sell in a haste! :Frustrati

And we had a "TELERAD" ('never seen any others like this..rare?) radio my dad bought in 1971-72. It was long, and the top was a smooth, polished decolum-like surface and had a chrome strip along the edge- it looked simply amazing! 'stopped working almost 20 years ago (in the sense didn't play anything but did turn on when you switched it on) and my parents lost interest in it.
They did have it lying around at home for ages (I used to dust it every now and then!) before my mom gave it away around 5 years ago to some electrician I think, obviously without my knowledge! :(

Oh well, I seem to've got too carried away....!
Enough of the OT I guess!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1130554)
My first preference would be something like the 2nd one (philips) although I'm open to anything that's available! Even if it doesn't work! :D

I think my grandpa had a radio like the first one (BUSH), from the way I remember my dad describing it. Unfortunately, it remained among some of his furniture in grandpa's house that he had to sell in a haste! :Frustrati

And we had a "TELERAD" ('never seen any others like this..rare?) radio my dad bought in 1971-72. It was long, and the top was a smooth, polished decolum-like surface and had a chrome strip along the edge- it looked simply amazing! 'stopped working almost 20 years ago (in the sense didn't play anything but did turn on when you switched it on) and my parents lost interest in it.
They did have it lying around at home for ages (I used to dust it every now and then!) before my mom gave it away around 5 years ago to some electrician I think, obviously without my knowledge! :(

never heard of Telerad! Must be something rare. Btw, i think i should start a thread for other vintage hobbies. Anybody like antique furniture??:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1130899)
Anybody like antique furniture??:D

OK, this is my LAST go at hijacking your thread, sorry chettAn! :D

YES, I do! Count me in!! Although I'm more fond of 60s/70s furniture, viz. those that came with the legs slanted outwards (get me?)....I love those decolum-top dining tables that came in the 70s. 'been scouting for one since ages!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1130554)

Here are a few pictures of my Telefunken Shankara radio. It still works and infact I have my PC audio output connected to the pickup socket on the radio.

If you guys like old radios, you may want to read this.

Homo ludens radiohistoricus

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1130899)
never heard of Telerad! Must be something rare. Btw, i think i should start a thread for other vintage hobbies.

The first TV in our home was a Telerad, sometime in the early sixties! 29" B&W. :)
Back then Telerad was a MAJOR company!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1130909)
OK, this is my LAST go at hijacking your thread, sorry chettAn! :D

YES, I do! Count me in!! Although I'm more fond of 60s/70s furniture, viz. those that came with the legs slanted outwards (get me?)....I love those decolum-top dining tables that came in the 70s. 'been scouting for one since ages!!

Seventies furniture is quite in vogue now Shyam. So that makes you quite a "with it" sort of a guy ! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by boeuff (Post 1131772)
Here are a few pictures of my Telefunken Shankara radio. It still works and infact I have my PC audio output connected to the pickup socket on the radio.

If you guys like old radios, you may want to read this.

Homo ludens radiohistoricus

Cheers,

Boeuff, can we have a close up picture of that blue model car placed atop the radio ? Looks very interesting..

I lost those ancient valve radio's we had in our ancestoral houses.today ,I got a old Philips Transistor -1950's with me -ofcourse ,dead in condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 1133563)
Boeuff, can we have a close up picture of that blue model car placed atop the radio ? Looks very interesting..

That is a model of a Trabant

Wow, what a beautiful model of the good ol' Trabi ! Deserves to be in the "scale model thread". What manufacturer / scale ?
Jay, really sorry to take your thread on a tangent like this !:)

I also laid my hands on a Telerad Symphony recently - valve type radio - looking for a repair guy in Bangalore !

Check the image, though not very clear. Will post again..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1130520)
Wow wow wow!!! That sounds awesome! Lookin forward to that!

You mean something like THIS::D
Attachment 89612

Attachment 89613

Or THIS??

Attachment 89614

----------
Can someone help me in identifying a good mechanic for these kind of radios in Bangalore, I laid my hands on an old Telerad - symphony valve type radio, Now looking for an expert to mend it for me.