Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2009, 09:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

iball ibaton iB-LR6111A Router - anyone?

I got a D-link GLB-802C which was dead and was also facing DSL link breakge at 5 minute interval.
So ,today I gave that router for Service.
Also ,I bought this ibaton iB-LR6111A(possibly tp-link chipset) router for the time being.it costed Rs1500.
Coming to the issue- How is this modem/router?Is there any firmware updates available?their website is down(thanks to IIS server!)
Also ,I have a slight feeling that this router also disconnects at exact 20 minutes interval? Any One?
--
and is this also the same as ib-LR6111A router?so ,can I use the FW support for that ?
TP-link chipset
TD-8816
--
Is there any chances that the motherboard/lan card triggers this kind of disconnection?I tried the router on a dealer's dataone connection.it doesnot disconnect.
but for me ,the broadband line shows SNR value differing from 37 to 3 in a matter of seconds for downlink.My Line Attenuation is 46 which is not a matter of problem since I had no issues for past 3.5 years until 2-3 months back.
I guess this time it is not router.
1)motherboard/lan card -which trigger something which disconnects?
2)broadband line/exchange.
Anybody can help me?What is the reason for varying SNR values?with very low SNR value ,I guess the DSL link will be broken.which is what happening to my connection.
Old 24th January 2009, 09:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

when using lunix , stick to vendors who have a proven record of selling supported equipment to show our support

either way, for a router , lunix support is not important . I'm an almost satisfied WRT54g ( v7 ) user
Old 24th January 2009, 09:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

what GNU/Linux support?It has nothing to do with Linux!It is not connected via USB!JFYI GNU/Linux works great with pppoe mode than the window$ bleah.Kya yaar ,you are having pre conceived notions! .
--
I am suspecting the SNR problems are triggered either by the hardware or by the phone line.and today it is saturday and no one will lift the phone in exchange . :x
Old 24th January 2009, 09:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

no re, I meant when you buy something , buy something from a manufacturer who offers linux support , just to appreciate the fact that they are giving it. I have no doubts that you can get it to work even if they wont help
Old 24th January 2009, 09:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

^this broadband router thingy doesnot hold anything on such lines.all router works under pppoe mode.USB support is unstable anyways.
--
Old 24th January 2009, 11:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

communication gap
never mind ...
Old 24th January 2009, 11:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

^I know.like internal modem(winmodem) manufacturers or hardware(graphics card,mobo bleah..) which supports Linux should be only bought.Is that what you want to say?It is 6 years or so ,I am hearing that. Only amd ati I have seen committed and also via(onboard graphics).
and this router/modem has nothing much to have "hardware support" for Linux.It already *is* running on Linux,now Linux support?huh?
--
funfact : ibaton website is hacked and the fellas dont care!
http://www.iballbaton.com/admin/
--

Last edited by deepclutch : 24th January 2009 at 12:00.
Old 24th January 2009, 15:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

No dude, he means companies like Linksys, which use Linux as the OS for the router, and support the community by releasing patches and source code.
Old 24th January 2009, 17:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

First of All ,I dont want a advanced wireless router which can run tomato or whatever Linux version.
Old 24th January 2009, 18:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

That's fine. I'd still recommend something like Linksys over iball any day. The quality of iball shows in the shoddy experience you've had with it. Firstly, would not recommend using a firmware update of a different router.

Quote:
but for me ,the broadband line shows SNR value differing from 37 to 3 in a matter of seconds for downlink.My Line Attenuation is 46 which is not a matter of problem since I had no issues for past 3.5 years until 2-3 months back.
I guess this time it is not router.
1)motherboard/lan card -which trigger something which disconnects?
2)broadband line/exchange.
Anybody can help me?What is the reason for varying SNR values?with very low SNR value ,I guess the DSL link will be broken.which is what happening to my connection.
Your computer's mobo cannot cause problems with the SNR values. It's either the line/exchange which is having problems, or the router is really bad. You should complain to your ISP to get the line checked. Most probably, nothing to do with the router.
Old 24th January 2009, 21:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Router is working fine.sorry for the doubts I had.I said ,I have D-link GLB-802C modem which got the 5 minute disconnection problem given for Service.So ,like a placebo effect ,I guessed this 20 minute disconnection.
but the problem is with line I suppose.
and tp-link chipset is thaaaat bad?huh?
Old 25th January 2009, 23:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Do two things.
1. Check you phone line for any disturbances. Make sure its a single cable if possible from the telephone pole.

2. Check for any trojans, spywares, or viruses. which may affect Windows LSP.
Old 26th January 2009, 06:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday(sunday) ,I got time and patience to check whole line,splitter,router thingies.
with router config page opened ,I checked the SNR,Line attenuation details.With Telephone connected ,the SNR value drops to 3 to 5dB range for downlink where before it was 33-35!.I was shocked to find this.then ,bought a new phone and checked again.this time ,the SNR values are remaining what it must be(around 29-33 for me).
what I felt is ,the phone was either internally short(grounded) slightly ,else how can this happen?

2)With GNU/Linux ,those where history for me -atleast for past 8 years. .that is why @greenhorn was trying the satire from the start of the thread(calling lunix?)

@greenhorn:LUnix is a Unix-like operating system for the Commodore 64
LUnix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by deepclutch : 26th January 2009 at 06:51.
Old 26th January 2009, 08:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

a bit offtopic , but Lunix - Encyclopedia Dramatica
Old 26th January 2009, 11:03   #15
BANNED

greenhorn, thanks for that link. The ED home page has some interesting links at the bottom. Very, very interesting. With that kind of links, I guess the definitions on the site are very accurate and authoritative, right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks