Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2009, 15:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post a picture of this phenomenon?
Old 1st February 2009, 23:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have also observed that my screen is now having reduced brightness and certain amount of blackness as if there were a lot of small pixel sized small black dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Can someone post a picture of this phenomenon?
I dont exactly have a picture, but all the things displayed on screen will have some shadow formation. This wont let you see properly.
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am uploading images taken in my PC. For around a day the problem never came up. But now I am facing a new problem of brightness and blurry image.

Can someone pinpoint why this happened ? Is it extended usage ( but two years is too less a time for LCD I think ) or some manufacturing defect ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.-problem-monitor.jpg  

Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.-problem-monitor-2.jpg  

Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.-problem-monitor-3.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd February 2009 at 00:41.
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

there are certain software runs that test monitors and lcd. Its like benchmark for them. compare the results with the reference monitors.
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

@mods : I am sorry for the repetitive post, but wanted to quote this post. Also is it possible to edit the thread title and add " Added images " ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
there are certain software runs that test monitors and lcd. Its like benchmark for them. compare the results with the reference monitors.
Can you name some of them ? I am just aware of CPU, RAM and graphics testing softwares, but not LCD monitors.
It would be helpful for me.
Also have a look at the images I have uploaded.
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

BenchmarkHQ

Also do one thing. Go to advance> performance >settings and set for best performance.

Also go to Display properties. and put all the themes etc to windows classic, without shadows, standard size fonts.

And then upload those images.

BTW what display adaptor are you using, onboard or addon??
Old 2nd February 2009, 08:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) BenchmarkHQ

2) Also do one thing. Go to advance> performance >settings and set for best performance.

3) Also go to Display properties. and put all the themes etc to windows classic, without shadows, standard size fonts.

And then upload those images.

4) BTW what display adaptor are you using, onboard or addon??
1) Thanks!

2) Set for best performance or best quality. I am right now on best quality.

3) The theme is original Windwos XP and nothing more. I never change themes to save memory. The screenshot with normal size fonts are attached.

4) My mobo does not have onboard graphics, its addon. The graphic card is POV 7300GT. The monitor has only one input i.e. D-Sub. I have tested the monitor on my father's computer, and there also the ghost shows up. Dad's pc has onboard graphics.
If I use my dad's monitor ( 15" LCD ), the problem of ghost image does not appear.
Attached Thumbnails
Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.-problem-monitor-4.jpg  

Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.-problem-monitor-5.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2009, 13:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Thanks!

2) Set for best performance or best quality. I am right now on best quality.

3) The theme is original Windwos XP and nothing more. I never change themes to save memory. The screenshot with normal size fonts are attached.

4) My mobo does not have onboard graphics, its addon. The graphic card is POV 7300GT. The monitor has only one input i.e. D-Sub. I have tested the monitor on my father's computer, and there also the ghost shows up. Dad's pc has onboard graphics.
If I use my dad's monitor ( 15" LCD ), the problem of ghost image does not appear.
Set for best performance (not quality.)

If you have tested the old way( like using your dad's 15 incher.). Its clear the lcd is the culprit. Excercise the warranty if its not much of a hassle.

Why asked about the addon, because sometimes VRAM chips on card can be the culprit
Old 6th October 2009, 22:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its now very difficult to even use this LCD. Its not possible for us to replace this monitor due to budget constrains. If at I can, I can get a just a small CRT, which I dont want to use considering its not good for eyes.

Sometimes it goes away but then it comes back again randomly. I dont know what to do now. I am stuck with this damn monitor.
Tomorrow I am again going to call my computer vendor for this. Earlier I did not follow up on this issue as it was completely gone. Now it has returned with greater intensity.

One word : Dont go for viewsonic monitors. They are not as good as they used to be.

Attaching an image.
Attached Thumbnails
Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.-ghost-problem-2.jpg  

Old 6th October 2009, 23:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

if its not a hassle send it to my service centre here. Baroda has a direct bus service to abu, and best part is its owned by a friend

will have my guys check it and send it back to you through same Gujarat Travels.
Old 7th October 2009, 08:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if its not a hassle send it to my service centre here. Baroda has a direct bus service to abu, and best part is its owned by a friend

will have my guys check it and send it back to you through same Gujarat Travels.
Thanks man! This is TBHP spirit!
I will update you after first consulting my computer vendor.

Update is that this monitor will not show screen till I switch ON and OFF for 50-60 times. When first I switch ON my PC, the boot up comes, but when the password page ( login ) comes up, the display goes blank. The light is still green, but display is blank. Did login by givnig my password, then switch off and on. The display comes for a few seconds may be two and then blank. Again do the same procedure for many times, at last the screen displays.

The ghost images goes and comes, but this is weird problem I am facing since last two days, but today it was heights.

Will keep the thread updated and if nothing works out with my computer vendor, I will contact you.

Thanks again for the help you have offered.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the entire monitor. Then went in for a deal. I opted for VG930M which is also 19" but not 16:10 ratio. The upgrade costed me Rs. 2750, but this is a good monitor and not from value series. Max resolution is 1280X1024, but I am comfortable with it.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:22   #28
ram17bhp

I do have these images on my 1 year old Viewsonic VA1716 wide series , It appears when i play games sometimes and stays and is more dominant on images with dark colors like green. I dont know if its ghost images but i did tried and changed the resolution to the max setting and the images are fine, but when i play games it comes back . Im yet to contact the dealer on this ! so how did u replace ur monitor i would like to know the process pls. @ aaggoswami

Old 16th December 2009, 11:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram17bhp View Post
Im yet to contact the dealer on this ! so how did u replace ur monitor i would like to know the process pls. @ aaggoswami
I did try to contact viewsonic initially but they were not responding well.

Then I called my vendor and he threw an offer on me :
I pay Rs. 2700/- and get a New monitor " Viewsonic SG930m " and I forget that old one.
Only thing is that I have to give model number and serial number of old monitor on phone.

I got a few calls now from Viewsonic to know where the monitor is.

So what happened is this :
a) I got a new monitor.
b) The old monitor was repaired ( some IC problem I was told ) and was with my vendor.
I am not sure, but he may or may not sell that off to someone else.
The best thing in your case would be to get in touch with Viewsomic and register a complain. I hope that works out.

If you have bought it from a vendor, call him and inform him about the same. Chances are that if your monitor is in warranty period, it will be repaired.

My computer vendor reduced the hassle for me and after paying money I got a new monitor with new warranty. This was basic reason why I got rid of that 19 incher.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th December 2009 at 11:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks