Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 17:05   #1
BHPian

Anyone using SalesForce?

Hi all, my company is in the process of evaluating the sales CRM application, SalesForce. While me and a few other people are evaluating it for a trial period, I'm wondering if anyone else here has used it in their organization, and if they can give their opinion of it. Until now we were using a homegrown sales system and therefore are looking for a scalable sales management system that can be used by our global sales team.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:14   #2
BHPian

Well, not used it per se as a user. I do not even officially work on it. But as a pioneer of the SaaS revolution, SFDC is close to my heart. Helped create a couple of apps (still WIP) for Apex. If you want to know anything specific (uptime/ availability, scalability etc.) do ask (BTW, you can do worse when it comes to uptime even with an on-premise SFA app). For pure SFA, IMO, SFDC is a great value proposition. I will leave the users to provide feedback on the usability front. Watching this thread with interest...

PS: What sort of business is your company involved in, if I may ask?
Old 15th June 2009, 17:21   #3
BHPian

My business group is into Geo-Spatial solutions. This package is planned for our group first, before it is expanded to include the other business groups. Guess, we are the guinea pigs for this!
Old 15th June 2009, 18:29   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I haven't used it directly, but have had a trial run and have walked away impressed. My cousin has been a salesforce customer for 2 years and swears by it. IMO a solid service for sales management!
Old 15th June 2009, 18:43   #5
BHPian

I've evaluated (not used) salesforce and sales logix and would recommend the later.

Take a look.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:13   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I use this service called 24SevenOffice - 24SevenOffice - Web based systems for CRM and Collaboration and have been an avid customer for about 4 years now. Lets me do everything related to running my company - including sales management (so that is just a sub-set). So far so good...lets me do accounting, invoicing, connected to my bank accounts, email, sales contact lists, IP phone integration...basically anything I need online.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:12   #7
Team-BHP Support

We just become Force.com ISV partner. Getting official training in India is a pain, only recently they are offering training in India. So I am getting couple of people trained in it. BTW, checkout Microsoft CRM too if you are on tight budget.
Old 17th June 2009, 10:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

We used Salesforce.com for couple of projects.

It turned out to be too costly to integrate with internal data systems. E.g. if you have your own system for managing Reference data for Clients or you want to integrate MS Exchange + Awaya telephone systems so that calls/meetings with clients can be shown on dashboards.

In such cases, cost of License of SF + Dev costs and maintenance was way too high.
Old 17th June 2009, 10:20   #9
BHPian

SFDC is a great solution for SFA, and you cannot go wrong with it. I couple of groups in my company used it before we went for an on-premise CRM, and they swear by it. As long as you use it stand-alone, meaning nothing to pass from/ to legacy BSS/ OSS, it should be simple and quick to implement and to use. And you don't get tied in like on-premise. I'd say evaluate with an open mind (Sales guys don't like systems, in my experience). They also have some great dashboards, and apps from Apex which you may consider using.

As Samurai said, MS Dynamics 3.0 is also a fairly decent SFA (am talking of the on-demand version here). Specially so if you use Exchange/ Outlook and other MS products internally. Works seamlessly with those. But it IS MS (Evil Side, you know).

If undecided, you can also try the open source SugarCRM, or Highrise (CRM from 37Signals, of basecamp fame. Those guys are realllly good).

PS: I have a compare guide for some of the hosted solutions. Not very detailed, but a decent overview. PM me if you want me to share with you. This is not my org's IP, but downloaded from some web sources.
Old 17th June 2009, 16:42   #10
BHPian

I know folks in our office who use it everyday. PM if you have any questions , I can help you out with whatever I know .
Old 17th June 2009, 18:13   #11
BHPian

Thanks guys. I'm trying to navigate around the application a bit first, else any documentations I ask for would go above my head if I don't understand which aspect of the application they are referring to and how it is supposed to behave.
Old 2nd December 2011, 03:40   #12
BHPian

Re: Anyone using SalesForce?

Wow, this is like waking up the dead, but I am quite lost on my sales management CRM tool for choice of better words.

1.I need a simple input Name and customer details and vagre vagere.
2.Key is to put notes of each customer interaction. and that should appear in a thread like format.
3. A calender and reminder.

Can the guru's here point me to some solution.

Thanks In Advance
Old 2nd December 2011, 08:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

CRM Open Source Business & Social CRM Software - SugarCRM try test-driving it. It should meet your needs and can be used for free.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:39   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

We were in the process on implementing Nokia TEJ and just got an email from them notifying that they are shutting the division down.

Can salesforce be a substitute for order bookings in a consumer products sales team?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks