Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Rapid Share P2P

can anybody help me with rapid share software
.what is it
.how much does it cost
.does it increase the speed of download even if i am on 256kbps package from bsnl,or any other internet package.
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yeah even I am totally clueless about this!!! How similar or different is rapidshare from torrents??
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:13   #3
BHPian

Torrents will depend mainly upon the seeders available.

In case of RS, the speed is irrelevant if its at 256kbps. The difference will only be marginal, if any.

The main benefit of Premium rapidshare accounts as given by their official page will be instant & parallel downloads.

Last edited by five46 : 2nd August 2009 at 14:17.
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:16   #4
BANNED

There is a free software for downloading from rapidshare. It takes care of the downloads in que so u can do other tasks, no need to look at the counter to set to 0

Automatic Download from Rapidshare.com
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:24   #5
BHPian

Rapidshare allows two types of downloads, one is free and the other is premium. Suppose you got links for 10 things that you wanted to download, here's what will happen in each case.

Free:
You need to wait about a minute and half for your first download to begin and then for each MB you downloaded at the previous go, you need to wait 1 minute of wait time before you can download the subsequent files (assuming you are trying to start a second download immediately after the first one is completed).
Also, you are able to download only one file from RS at a time as a free user.

Premium:
There is no initial wait time, neither you have to wait between downloads and downloading multiple files at the same time is allowed.

No, it will not increase the speed of download, you can download as per your bandwidth limits; what they specify as higher bandwidth availability means that if you had a high bandwidth connection, you will not be restricted from RS side, they will be able to supply as you download.

I have used it twice, monthly accounts, when I had to download heavy stuff and waiting between downloads was frustrating, the price keeps on varying, somewhere in the range of 5-7 Euro for a month, if I remember correctly.

Nikhil and Harjeev, check your PM.
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:55   #6
BHPian

The title is a bit misleading. Rapidshare has nothing to do with P2P Filesharing.

P2P uses bittorrent or similar protocols whereas Rapidshare is direct HTTP download.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks