Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 18:10   #1
BHPian

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review

Friends,
I recently bought a Watch Phone, which has an extraordinary Geek factor associated with it. The Q8 watch phone comes with a Valid IMEI no. so buyers in india can legally use this phone, without any presumptions.
The Technical Specs of the Phone are :
Phone Model Q8
Network GSM+GSM QUADBAND
Announced (Newer version)
2009, Oct
Dimension & Weight 61x48x16 & 75g
Available Language (In selected lots) English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Deutsch, Portuguese, Chinese & Italian
Display Type QVGA touch screen, 262K colors
Display Size 1.4 inch, 128 x 160 pixels
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (64 channels)
Support Mp3, Midi & amr ringtone

PC Sync & Webcam Yes.
Call Records Yes
Vibration Yes
Music Support MP3 background play with equalizer

Video 3GP / MP4 / AVI, support to play in full screen, forward and pause

Phonebook Can store 800 (300 + S1 +S2) phonebooks
Memory Expandable upto 8GB (NO memory card supplied on Purchase)
Connectivity GPRS / WAP
Card slot MicroSD (TransFlash)
Messaging SMS, MMS
Data transferUSB cable / Bluetooth
Games Built-In
Camera VGA camera, different modes with Video Recording also.
Additional Features
  • Dual SIM Dual Standby Phone
  • Watch Design
  • MP3 / MP4 player
  • FM
  • Handsfree Stereo Speakers
  • Calculator
  • Voice recorder
  • Call Record
  • Voicemail
  • 16GB expandable memory
  • SMS group sending
  • WAP
  • Supports GPRS
  • MMS
  • Rich Effect Menu
  • Bluetooth
  • External speaker
  • Handwritten & Keyboard input
Battery Li-ion
Stand-by time 24-48 hours i.e 1-2days
Talk time 100-120 minutes i.e 3-4hours

Usage - Real Life Feel :
The Watch Phone always turns heads, amidst a crowd, or in a party.
All people get interested in this phone, and you may have tired hands, showing your hands to all questioning persons, with twisted hands, so beware.
Using the Bluetooth headset, the watch goes on for 2-3 hours of talktime and a full day of standby. without bluetooth, the stanby times increased to 2.5 days with 4.5 hours talktime.
The Inbuit speaker is adequate - only in closed rooms or in silent environs. Otherwise the bluetooth headset is always essential for conversations. But the speaker volume for ringtones, alarms etc., seem to be normal, perfect.
The onboard numeric keypad is useful to make calls, just like all ordinary phones. Even text sms can be typed fast with this feature.
The Stylus is attached in the strap, but most times you would not need it, as ordinary taps are enough to get into the menu functions.
Using the PC Sync software, you can transfer files from the phone to the PC and vice versa, which is very useful to transfer your phonebook contacts.
Overall the build quality seems to be Good, with a not so good strap quality. I would always recommend this watch phone to anyone who wants a showoff amidst friends, parties, etc.,.
The pictures are attached below, with the price list. I bought it from EBAY, and the seller mr.Faheem is very good in fast despatch and after sales enquiries. His email and mobile numbers are given in my bill, and i would always advise buyers to buy thru ebay paisapay, for added safety and secure transactions.
Attached Thumbnails
Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq810.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq809.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq808.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq807.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq806.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq805.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq804.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq803.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq802.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq801.jpg  

Q8 Watch Phone - A Review-watchphoneq8.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 30th December 2009 at 19:05. Reason: fixed font TAGS
Old 30th December 2009, 18:58   #2
BHPian

Impressive lil' gadget! How much warranty does it have? what about shock resistance? Is it water resistant/proof? Who will service it if the need arises? Are stuff like straps etc available?
I feel this is nice as a novelty but not for serious use/ long term use.

-Z
Old 30th December 2009, 19:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

^^Precisely my sentiment, i know that this is a pretty cool device and have novelty factory but prior to parting with 6.5k of my hard earned cash i would love to know about warranty, service backup etc. I hope you can shed some light on it.
Old 30th December 2009, 20:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting. Me is intrigued - but I'll not bite. for now!

/who can feel gearlust stirring!
Old 30th December 2009, 21:07   #5
BHPian

I like I like.
Searched for it on ebay.in but couldnt find it out there. Can you provide a link for this geek thing? p
Old 30th December 2009, 21:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hmm...interesting. Made in?
Few years back Reliance had launched a wrist-phone, anyone out here having any experience with it?

p.s. Shekaran, buddy, before spending so much for stuff on ebay, check out your local imported good markets. You may find them at much lower/bargainable rates.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 30th December 2009 at 21:43.
Old 31st December 2009, 00:32   #7
BHPian

Friends,
The watch phone is made in china - i presume, but nothing mentioned anywhere...
I checked the local market for such an item, but could not find any...
Also, this particular phone model seems to be the latest hit in the US,European markets, marketed in the name of "wristfone" by Neutrano website...
There are other models of such watch phones, but this Q8 seems to be the most apt, both in terms of features as well as price...
The watch phone is not waterproof, but seems to withold all shocks in my daily life, riding 2 wheelers, driving, etc.,.
My sister who is from singapore, confirmed that same watch phones in local singapore market retail for around 180 singapore dollars which works out to be approx 6000 INRupees, so the selling price of rs.6500/- in india is justified.
Reg the ebay, all watch phones seem to be sold, thats why i have given the email and mobile no. of the seller - mr.faheem, from chennai. He seems to be a nice guy, with considerate after sales support.
Lastly, i gave a review of this different looking gadget, not just bcoz i bought it, but bcoz of its practical day-to-day use, as a cellphone. i am using it daily, making me carry less weight in my shirt/pant pockets. with the phone in my wrist, i feel only the extra burden of the blutooth headset in my ear, nothing more. it makes my life easier, with one less accesory (a watch) on me...
HAPPY NEW YEAR WISHES TO ALL TEAM BHPians ALL OVER THIS WORLD !!!

Last edited by shekaran : 31st December 2009 at 00:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks